Sign Hemmer

TruSensCoach

Mar 5, 2014
After tonights tape to tape pass's I think its obvious we need to sign this guy, Hemsky and spezza have obviously had chemistry and it came instantly. Hopefully Hemmers the next Heater and we can erase the plugs 50 in 07 achievment and change it to Hemmers 50 in 15 but only if we sign him....what do u think?

ErikNorrisson

Mar 22, 2012
He's producing at an unsustainable rate. I say his value evens out by the end of the season. Sign him before he thinks about testing the market.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think it is very realistic that we sign him in the off-season before UFA, or even before the end of the year. It's not like he is the hottest commodity out there (although we are all aware even decent UFA players get big paydays). If he likes playing with Spezz, and enjoys being part of one of the team's "go to" offensive lines, then I don't see why he wouldn't want to re-sign here. He has been put on a line and found instant chemistry with our best offensive forward, so instead of bouncing around to another team, maybe he will just want to settle in for the next few years.

BigBush*

Gotta think Ottawa would have to offer him something like a 3 year $5 mill per year for him to sign here. I'd do it

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Ales is going to get 5 mil per bare minimum. He's a better player than Clarkson ever was, and the cap is going up.

He will get at least what he's making right now on the open market and 3+ years.

We may be able to sign him for 5 per if he respects that we have faith in him, traded for him, and he likes his teammates / chemistry here, and we establish something contract parameters before free agency. If he gets to FA, he's going to get 6 mil from a desperate team. I just know it.

Honestly, if he would still sign here at 5 per even if we let Milan go, then the Sens should give him it. Maybe even 5.5.

He's a proven top 6 forward that has a couple 60 point seasons left in him, maybe even more if this Spezza Hemsky thing is the real deal IMO.

If Hoffman doesn't establish himself as an NHLer, then we should sign Milan...if not, let's put Stone in Milan's spot and use some extra cash on a defenseman.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anyone else find it sad how rare it is in this league to find a guy who can make tape to tape passes? For the best league in the world, you'd think everyone in the NHL should be able to do it on a fairly regular basis.

As for the original question, it simply makes sense to wait until the regular season is over. The combo is looking good so far, but they've also been playing a couple teams that have given them a lot of ice to play with.

Pringles

Dec 14, 2007

Attachments

• John Biebe.jpg
    John Biebe.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad