Sigh...I'm so sick of Idiots in Adult Leagues...

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
okay, usually I do more reading than posting, but this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.

First of all I want to address the slap shot in the last seconds of a blowout game. Lets face it when your on the losing side you and know your beaten you tend to pay more attention to the clock and the scoreboard ( usually because you can't wait to get to the locker room and enjoy a few beers) but when you are on the winning side you tend to get caught up in the chance to score. whether its because the goalie is have a bad game or your passing across the slot like sidney to hossa. (lets face it everyone wants to score) Now a shot in the shins no big deal, but a guy throws a head hunter no matter what the score, thats bush league.

Now to the other topic the guys that think their being scouted. Usually I handle this with a well timed check( and take the 2 min) because in my experience most of the cheap players are not as good as they think, and if you show them that your not taking any B.S. it usually stops. or my other move is a quick tap on the ankle bone behind the play with the heal of my stick. Mind you I take very few penalties. The key is to show no emotion when you do it, shrug it off give them the "is that how you want to play it look?" I usually try to joke around with guys on the other team, even during the play. I understand contact happens in the corners and in front of the net. If a guy is playing hard for the puck you let it go if a guy " finishes his check" behind the play thats when you have to retaliate. I have found that this usually works. Now before someone lets me have it. I have no problem getting dumped in front of their net. its part of the game. there is a price to pay for going there. thats what makes this game so wonderful.
I also want to state I am by no means a big bully, my size would not intimidate anyone. I am 6'1" and 205 lbs. the key is to show no emotion period thats what works. its like my dad always said "dont worry about the guy telling everyone how tuff he is, worry about the guy that doesn't. he is the one in the bar that will kick your butt."

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I had a game tonight where the other team was repeatdly going after me. I started to retaliate back(which probably isn't good) but the kicker was at the end of the 3rd period of a blow out game a guy elbows me in the neck, my neck hurts like hell now and is swollen on the right side.

Schenn Him

Mar 19, 2008
SK
thehamiltonian.wordpress.com
sliding hard is simply playing hard IMO. Getting those feet up is another thing, but if you play in a league like me, than you can't wear metal anyway but still i understand the principal. The worst is PURPOSELY hitting the ball back up the middle at the pitcher, it sucks because you have no time to react, especially with juiced bats. Our team has gotten in to two basically scrums with the same team because they pulled stunts like that. Some people amaze me everyday.:shakehead

Haven't encountered that (yet). But, I think it emphasizes the point that there are idiots everywhere. Your single up the middle (or slapshot goal late in the game) isn't worth my job.

OilerNut*

I have a story of my own now.
In our last game a guy on the other team was down on the ice and actually kicked one of our players in the stomach with both feet. Hard enough that it left a huge bruise that is black/purple. Afterwards he took slashed at a couple players as he was leaving. I hate to image if the skate hit our guy at the right angle what could of happened. In the end the guy gets suspended for 2 games. Hell I think the NHL would even give the guy more for that.
This was the leagues response:
"Yes, I remember that he was acting like a child, pretending to "slash"
players, myself included, as he was leaving the rink. We will keep a close eye on him. He has a history of acting dangerously and inappropriately. He has been suspended in the past (ie. Winter season). Another suspension for this player and we will consider removing him from the league as he is constantly endangering other players."

So he has a past history and the league still won't ban him. Hell if I was on the same team as the guy I would pay the guy his money back and tell him never to show up again.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I have a story of my own now.
In our last game a guy on the other team was down on the ice and actually kicked one of our players in the stomach with both feet. Hard enough that it left a huge bruise that is black/purple. Afterwards he took slashed at a couple players as he was leaving. I hate to image if the skate hit our guy at the right angle what could of happened. In the end the guy gets suspended for 2 games. Hell I think the NHL would even give the guy more for that.
This was the leagues response:
"Yes, I remember that he was acting like a child, pretending to "slash"
players, myself included, as he was leaving the rink. We will keep a close eye on him. He has a history of acting dangerously and inappropriately. He has been suspended in the past (ie. Winter season). Another suspension for this player and we will consider removing him from the league as he is constantly endangering other players."

So he has a past history and the league still won't ban him. Hell if I was on the same team as the guy I would pay the guy his money back and tell him never to show up again.

Don't most leagues have regulations where after a certain number of suspensions you're banned from the league?

We'reGonnaWin*

Leagues here have a 2 suspension and you're gone for the season policy. If you're back next season and keep it up, you're banned.

the dude man

Jul 4, 2007
I hate old guys at drop-in that glide around for 10 minutes and constantly whack you with their stick.

southerncross116

Jun 27, 2007
screening goalies
www.hist-sdc.com
I hate guys that do nothing but chase the puck -and then give you grief if you are actually playing a position, and not chasing the puck all over the place... then try to act like you don't know what you're doing...

seriously there'd be times when I'd be the only one on the ice not chasing the puck - it seemed like chucking a steak out to a pack of dogs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad