Sigh! Another Season Down The Drain

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
lol dude most hope is unrealized. Most hope leads to nothing.

I’m not gonna be pissed that staios gave me hope lmao. I’ll be pissed that he did nothing.

You keep talking about windows but you’re just making up arbitrary dates lol. You can fire a coach whenever you so choose.

The new coach is an interim coach. Man. Interim. You also don’t need specific windows to bring in interim coaches. The pressure is he has to do well to earn himself a job somewhere else. That’s it.

Why do the senators need specific months they can make changes but other teams do not lol.

This is a terrible take to be honest. The longer you wait the sooner apathy sets in.

Instead of giving fans hope you instead tell them we're just going to bend over and cave by inaction? Tell that to the fans who shelled out thousands of dollars for season tickets this year. Let's see how well that will go over.

I swear firing a coach, which happens frequently across the league is somehow forbidden to some on here.
fire him now and do what? bring in an interim or a long term?

if interim, all it does is feed our blood thirst. And subject the players to 3 coaches in an 8 to 9 month period.

If a permanent coach, you throw him into the deep end and handcuff him by putting the "make the playoffs/win games" pressure on him. Which serves no purpose.

Vancouver.. there is the blue print.

As for the fans and season ticket holders... they were screwed before the season started. When Dorion and DJ were still employed in mid summer as they were purchasing their tickets, they were screwed...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
fire him now and do what? bring in an interim or a long term?

if interim, all it does is feed our blood thirst. And subject the players to 3 coaches in an 8 to 9 month period.

If a permanent coach, you throw him into the deep end and handcuff him by putting the "make the playoffs/win games" pressure on him. Which serves no purpose.

Vancouver.. there is the blue print.

As for the fans and season ticket holders... they were screwed before the season started. When Dorion and DJ were still employed in mid summer as they were purchasing their tickets, they were screwed...
This just seems like you have some sort of idea about interim coaches. It’s an interim coach. It sends a message to the players. Lights a fire hopefully.

I mean I can’t believe an interim coach is generating so much discussion. It’s a nothing thing. It’s a like a throwaway move that’s sometimes works we’re not talking about trading stutzle. It’s really not that big of a deal B

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Same mistakes year after year after year...too many soft passengers on this team...

Stick with Giroux, Sandy, Tkachuk, Greig, Stutzle, Pinto, Norris

The rest can all go

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Same mistakes year after year after year...too many soft passengers on this team...

Stick with Giroux, Sandy, Tkachuk, Greig, Stutzle, Pinto, Norris

The rest can all go
I think we need to keep Zub, and at the very least one of Chabby or Chych (or both).

Like has been said a lot in here. I don’t think we should be moving any key players out until we have seen what a different coach can do with them.

Is Chabby the only drafted guy that has played for a different NHL coach? Gotta get a new voice in there and see. We have seen the guys each play a lot better.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
I think we need to keep Zub, and at the very least one of Chabby or Chych (or both).

Like has been said a lot in here. I don’t think we should be moving any key players out until we have seen what a different coach can do with them.

Is Chabby the only drafted guy that has played for a different NHL coach? Gotta get a new voice in there and see. We have seen the guys each play a lot better.
A has to come before B.

Staois has to either declare the GM job is his or he has to get going on hiring a GM.

The GM will then hire a new coach.

So a DJ firing now, will mean an interim, who will be gone by May. That would make player trades/movements unwise.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seeing how the Season is over, and Forsberg looks to be out of the lineup for a while…. Our Rookie GM should bring up Soggard and have him play as much as possible….. starting Saturday

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seeing how the Season is over, and Forsberg looks to be out of the lineup for a while…. Our Rookie GM should bring up Soggard and have him play as much as possible….. starting Saturday
Yeah this seems like a great time to bring in a rookie goaltender who is developing and playing well. I highly doubt it could crush his confidence, they're playing such terrific, structured hockey. Not to mention the season is completely over, so wins and loses don't even matter. Let's get him up here, perfect timing for sure.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If I was the GM and coaching staff, I would come to the players and tell them the season is over. They have to do a reset in their minds and stop playing so nervously, the hole they dug for themselves is way too big anyway. Play for fun, find your game back and LEARN TO PLAY THE RIGHT WAY (finally, after 5 years of DJ Dorion futility)

Yeah this seems like a great time to bring in a rookie goaltender who is developing and playing well. I highly doubt it could crush his confidence, they're playing such terrific, structured hockey. Not to mention the season is completely over, so wins and loses don't even matter. Let's get him up here, perfect timing for sure.

Yeah that'd be Dorion-like... We need Sogaard and Merilainen to stay as far away from this team. We should give Mandolese a chance, no expectations, not supposed to be the goalie of the future, oldest of the goalie prospects...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ooof….. about sums up how I feel.

I would honestly be fine taking my lumps again this season if it meant that we finally won the draft lottery.

It’s one moment in time that could right this thing entirely.

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Please do not BOO as we move forward.. The players are down, if we kick them, they will tune out even more.. Not only will this season be lost, but possibly future ones.

This group is ours, even an effort at changing them out will only be a trickle.. So for the next 2-4 years, these are our guys (the core 10 or so).

We need to be supportive, in the hope of not losing them. Now is a time to wrap our arms around them.. and no, not for the purpose of strangling them!!!.. These are kids, Gen Z's and emotionally they are butter under a hot knife.

I was watching extended highlights from Calgary v. Arizona.. The Arizona squad looked like high school teenagers.. It has been a while since, I focused on faces of players.. I watch way more USA based sports (Football, Basketball). African Americans can look older than they are. And so, I get a distorted sense.. I was jarred by how young the Arizona kids looked.

So, Kids.. Gen Z.. A cheer, rather than a boo.

19,000 in the arena will re-enforce our belief in them, re-enforce Andlauer's wallet and help ensure that things improve as we move forward.

If you are tempted to boo.. drive by 24 Sussex or 110 Laurier

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If I was the GM and coaching staff, I would come to the players and tell them the season is over. They have to do a reset in their minds and stop playing so nervously, the hole they dug for themselves is way too big anyway. Play for fun, find your game back and LEARN TO PLAY THE RIGHT WAY (finally, after 5 years of DJ Dorion futility)
I like this idea. You'd think they'd know it's over already and do this without thinking, but I could see this sort of taking some pressure off.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Yes, they need to play the long game now. There's no point in quick fixes at this point even if that somehow were to work.

Maybe a different goalie might help a "little", but it will be too little too late. On the other hand, with this team, it's just as likely or more likely he'll get shellacked. I'm more worried about that to be honest.

Reactions: bert

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Soggard sucks ass let’s me honest

Please do not BOO as we move forward.. The players are down, if we kick them, they will tune out even more.. Not only will this season be lost, but possibly future ones.

This group is ours, even an effort at changing them out will only be a trickle.. So for the next 2-4 years, these are our guys (the core 10 or so).

We need to be supportive, in the hope of not losing them. Now is a time to wrap our arms around them.. and no, not for the purpose of strangling them!!!.. These are kids, Gen Z's and emotionally they are butter under a hot knife.

I was watching extended highlights from Calgary v. Arizona.. The Arizona squad looked like high school teenagers.. It has been a while since, I focused on faces of players.. I watch way more USA based sports (Football, Basketball). African Americans can look older than they are. And so, I get a distorted sense.. I was jarred by how young the Arizona kids looked.

So, Kids.. Gen Z.. A cheer, rather than a boo.

19,000 in the arena will re-enforce our belief in them, re-enforce Andlauer's wallet and help ensure that things improve as we move forward.

If you are tempted to boo.. drive by 24 Sussex or 110 Laurier
The only person you should expect unconditional love from is your mom

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Soggard sucks ass let’s me honest

The only person you should expect unconditional love from is your mom
and what do you do about them "shutting it down".. what is your comeback?

WHAT DO YOU DO IF TEHY START PULLING A Mathew TKACHUK?

They hold the cards.. you boo, they play poorly and then ask out. You stop going, Andlauer pulls a Eugene, starves the team and still makes a bucket selling it.. you watch crappy hockey for a few more years.

You will like this Adrian... When I was young (long ago).. I would have this philosophical debate with a colleague.. Indian guy, very bright.. He would say; one way or the other, you are getting f***ed.. your two choices are; they wear a condom or they don't.. You getting not being f***ed is not an option.

So, we the fans, can play nice or we can be hard.. and so condom or no condom.. one way or the other, we are getting it.

It hurts to realize that we are helpless.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad