Sigh! Another Season Down The Drain

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He’s not a con artists, and no one is fooling or fooled.

People are weirdly taking things out on DJ who is trying to do his job, but doesn’t seem to be effective anymore. He’s a lame duck coach now who is just waiting to be fired.

Everyone is waiting.

It’s the guys with the power to fire him that deserve your anger in my opinion.
And they should be getting it. They’ve bought a sports team with real live fans. Wasting a year of our life is not a good way to start

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Pierre Dorion is the person to blame. It's his roster. His mess.
It is crazy circumstances.

Melnyk is sick and dying in late 2021.. So from the Dec 2021 to Sept 2023.. Almost 2 full years. Dorion has no boss..

And so, DJ is given 2 extra years, Dorion is given 2 extra years.. No one is minding the store for 2 years.

No one was looking at a Batherson, seeing a poor defensive player, a poor "effort guy" and telling the GM, "move on from him, before his contract kicks up and he starts receiving 5.4-6.5 M in true salary" and is untradeable.

A new GM in 2022 would have made a Batherson move, when Bat was making 3.5 M and still had a "hopeful" prospect smell to him. Bat will spend the next 3 seasons earning in true dollars a good 1.5-2 X what his; value/play/effort/etc. really is.

Ditto for 2-3 other players.

Ditto for the CAP issue. Ditto for the insane moves the last 2-3 years.

An F"NG "for sale sign" on the lawn of the Senators back in 2018-2022 would have been what the Doctor ordered.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It’s just a few upset fans making noise on section 300 - losing is in the DNA of real ottawa fans who accept the losing because the boys are great guys

Andlauer talks of our fans like he’s describing a bunch of people who have PTSD and only know bad.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
And they should be getting it. They’ve bought a sports team with real live fans. Wasting a year of our life is not a good way to start
Burrow... the damage was done...

By 2020/2021 we should have all seen the pile of shit. By late 2021 Eugene is sick and dying, no one is minding the store.

Bad trades, bad moves, extending Dorion, extending DJ.

From late 2021 to Sept 2023.. Almost 2 full years... In the world of sports, that is 10 years of every day life. Imagine going 10 years without upkeep on your home, or servicing your car, etc.

No one is questioning moves, questioning results, etc.

So;
goal tending that has never been fixed/solved in 7 years
Defense that has never been fixed/solve din 7 years
Soft forwards
No team structure
No team toughness
No team defense

NO ONE TO ASK questions, demand answers, hold anyone accountable.

So smoke for 40 years, get heart problems and then be angry at Doctors for not solving them!!!!!!

F'NG Eugene would have done us all a favor, if he had stuck a "for Sale Sign" on teh Senator's lawn 4-6 years ago.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

They could try to quick fix things and have to re-do it again, or look at things long-term.

It's been nothing but quick fixes since 05 or so, I would like to see what this management group is all about. And what this core can do with some support.

Fans thought this team would be good this year. They aren't. Tough break, maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and win 10 straight. Not betting on it though.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Burrow... the damage was done...

By 2020/2021 we should have all seen the pile of shit. By late 2021 Eugene is sick and dying, no one is minding the store.

Bad trades, bad moves, extending Dorion, extending DJ.

From late 2021 to Sept 2023.. Almost 2 full years... In the world of sports, that is 10 years of every day life. Imagine going 10 years without upkeep on your home, or servicing your car, etc.

No one is questioning moves, questioning results, etc.

So;
goal tending that has never been fixed/solved in 7 years
Defense that has never been fixed/solve din 7 years
Soft forwards
No team structure
No team toughness
No team defense

NO ONE TO ASK questions, demand answers, hold anyone accountable.

So smoke for 40 years, get heart problems and then be angry at Doctors for not solving them!!!!!!

F'NG Eugene would have done us all a favor, if he had stuck a "for Sale Sign" on teh Senator's lawn 4-6 years ago.
The damage was done. But you need to do SOMETHING to try and turn this around. ANYTHING. They’re totally content to waste an entire season.

They could try to quick fix things and have to re-do it again, or look at things long-term.

It's been nothing but quick fixes since 05 or so, I would like to see what this management group is all about. And what this core can do with some support.

Fans thought this team would be good this year. They aren't. Tough break, maybe they catch lightning in a bottle and win 10 straight. Not betting on it though.
Guys interim coaches are a thing. Fire dj get in anyone else. Hope for a bump. If it doesn’t work you’re hiring a brand new new coach in the summer anyway

Reactions: TheNewEra

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I know Andlaur probably wants to wait until he hires a gm so that the new gm can pick a coach himself, but Dj needs to go before he permanently damages this team forever.
Andlauer is NOT going to be the one to hire or fire a GM or Coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The damage was done. But you need to do SOMETHING to try and turn this around. ANYTHING. They’re totally content to waste an entire season.

Guys interim coaches are a thing. Fire dj get in anyone else. Hope for a bump. If it doesn’t work you’re hiring a brand new new coach in the summer anyway
No need to make a change out of desperation….and they’re NOT content “to waste a season” you’re putting words in their mouths.

Not going to use “Hope” as a game plan, … they’re going to do sure and steady….

It’s just a few upset fans making noise on section 300 - losing is in the DNA of real ottawa fans who accept the losing because the boys are great guys

Andlauer talks of our fans like he’s describing a bunch of people who have PTSD and only know bad.

section 323 to be precise…

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No need to make a change out of desperation….and they’re NOT content “to waste a season” you’re putting words in their mouths.

Not going to use “Hope” as a game plan, … they’re going to do sure and steady….

section 323 to be precise…
But it’s desperate times lol. We require a move out of desperation for THIS season. An interim coach does not affect a long term plan.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Why not put the team up for sale as well?
Do you think hiring an interim coach for the last 60 games is on the same level as selling the team ?

Are you a season ticket holder? Or have been at any point during the past 6 years?
I really don’t get it. It’s an easy move to make many teams do it. But for us?!? Nooo that’s too desperate. It could totally ruin this teams long term plan…. To have… a different coach for 60 games. It’s literally one of the smallest most inconsequential moves a team can make. If it pays off. Great. If it doesn’t…NOTHInG CHANGES

It’s funny how the posters that were resistant to firing DJ smith are the same ones now that are like “ok he needs to go ..buuuuuttt I meaaaaann..let’s maybe not fire him “right now”. How about we do it at the end of year? Cmon just till the end of the year”.

What the f*** is the deal lol.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

DO what????

I have asked this question on this board and I get these flowery answers.

Look at the players and their contracts.. Most are not tradeable. Those that are, are the players we want to hang onto.

Switching coaches needed to be done last February/March... ala Vancouver.

Move on from DJ now, will not save teh season.. That ship sailed in late October/early November. Move on from him in February, focus on 2023/2024.

Eat some salary (NOT CAP), move on from 1-2 problem children... Andlauer looses 25 M this year and 25 M next year, even if the team does pull a Canucks and makes the playoffs.

when 2019 passed and Melnyk was still teh owner.. we were done.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Andlauer might think this is the Habs with an endless supply of income and they can just sleep back there. There’s like 50 thousand people that will watch this team play in person lol over the course of a season. People aren’t exactly fighting for season tickets.

DO what????

I have asked this question on this board and I get these flowery answers.

Look at the players and their contracts.. Most are not tradeable. Those that are, are the players we want to hang onto.

Switching coaches needed to be done last February/March... ala Vancouver.

Move on from DJ now, will not save teh season.. That ship sailed in late October/early November. Move on from him in February, focus on 2023/2024.

Eat some salary (NOT CAP), move on from 1-2 problem children... Andlauer looses 25 M this year and 25 M next year, even if the team does pull a Canucks and makes the playoffs.

when 2019 passed and Melnyk was still teh owner.. we were done.
I’m really confused man. I’ve said it several times. Fire the coach hire an interim and hope for a coaching change bump. That’s it.

You’re right. It probably won’t save the season. But it might. I mean Dave f***ing Cameron saved a season and he’s dog shit. And if it doesn’t save the season. Who cares it’s going down the drain anyway.

Why does DJ still need to be employed by us? Why do we need to keep him. Why does he still need to coach right now? Why can’t we hire an interim. Lots of teams do it.

It’s not a big deal

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Andlauer might think this is the Habs with an endless supply of income and they can just sleep back there. There’s like 50 thousand people that will watch this team play in person lol over the course of a season. People aren’t exactly fighting for season tickets.

I’m really confused man. I’ve said it several times. Fire the coach hire an interim and hope for a coaching change bump. That’s it.

You’re right. It probably won’t save the season. But it might. I mean Dave f***ing Cameron saved a season and he’s dog shit. And if it doesn’t save the season. Who cares it’s going down the drain anyway.

Why does DJ still need to be employed by us? Why do we need to keep him. Why does he still need to coach right now? Why can’t we hire an interim. Lots of teams do it.

It’s not a big deal
if you cannot save the season, don't give fans false hope.

Waite until March, tell fans: The season is done, we are bringing in this guy to use the last 10-12 games to evaluate and integrate. Now the new coach is not under pressure to save the season. He can use the last bit to see what he has, without the pressure of wins and loses.

Now you bring up minor leaguers to see if Klevin can cut it. If Jarvantie can. If Boucher and Ost. can. To see if Soggard can.

Firing of DJ needed to be March 2023 to August 2023.

Next window.. March 2024-August 2024

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Waite until March, tell fans: The season is done, we are bringing in this guy to use the last 10-12 games to evaluate and integrate. Now the new coach is not under pressure to save the season. He can use the last bit to see what he has, without the pressure of wins and loses.

Now you bring up minor leaguers to see if Klevin can cut it. If Jarvantie can. If Boucher and Ost. can. To see if Soggard can.

lol dude most hope is unrealized. Most hope leads to nothing.

I’m not gonna be pissed that staios gave me hope lmao. I’ll be pissed that he did nothing.

You keep talking about windows but you’re just making up arbitrary dates lol. You can fire a coach whenever you so choose.

The new coach is an interim coach. Man. Interim. You also don’t need specific windows to bring in interim coaches. The pressure is he has to do well to earn himself a job somewhere else. That’s it.

Why do the senators need specific months they can make changes but other teams do not lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: chipsens

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

This is a terrible take to be honest. The longer you wait the sooner apathy sets in.

Instead of giving fans hope you instead tell them we're just going to bend over and cave by inaction? Tell that to the fans who shelled out thousands of dollars for season tickets this year. Let's see how well that will go over.

I swear firing a coach, which happens frequently across the league is somehow forbidden to some on here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is a terrible take to be honest. The longer you wait the sooner apathy sets in.

Instead of giving fans hope you instead tell them we're just going to bend over and cave by inaction? Tell that to the fans who shelled out thousands of dollars for season tickets this year. Let's see how well that will go over.

I swear firing a coach, which happens frequently across the league is somehow forbidden to some on here.
You know what they say. Sell hope or winning…or try and sell losses.

Reactions: Neil Patrick Harris

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Do you think hiring an interim coach for the last 60 games is on the same level as selling the team ?

I really don’t get it. It’s an easy move to make many teams do it. But for us?!? Nooo that’s too desperate. It could totally ruin this teams long term plan…. To have… a different coach for 60 games. It’s literally one of the smallest most inconsequential moves a team can make. If it pays off. Great. If it doesn’t…NOTHInG CHANGES

It’s funny how the posters that were resistant to firing DJ smith are the same ones now that are like “ok he needs to go ..buuuuuttt I meaaaaann..let’s maybe not fire him “right now”. How about we do it at the end of year? Cmon just till the end of the year”.

What the f*** is the deal lol.
I’ll let the 30in section 232 lose sleep waiting for DJS to,be fired…..I know he will be replaced, sooner or later….that does NOT mean I want him to stay on, or anything else….it’s going to happen when Staios decides it’s time…. He is here for the long haul.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Relegation to the AHL! If only the NHL were like Euro Football, where those loser franchises that suck lose their spot in the Premier League..and get SENT DOWN to the minors (where they earn much less $ !). That would SCARE 😱 THE SH*T out of Andlauer.

Enough BS about "stability" (aka doing nothing while passionate fans continue to suffer). FIRE DJ's 🔥 ass already! Hand over the keys to Jacques Martin officially, and boot the rest of coaching staff.

Reactions: DrEasy

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Andlauer is NOT going to be the one to hire or fire a GM or Coach.
You backed EM 100%, and still would. Now you back Andlaeur 100%, who's way of doing things is completely opposite of EM. What's your deal with authority, bosses, people in charge? You are a perfect foot soldier. No questions asked just a big Ok Boss. It's hilarious!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’ll let the 30in section 232 lose sleep waiting for DJS to,be fired…..I know he will be replaced, sooner or later….that does NOT mean I want him to stay on, or anything else….it’s going to happen when Staios decides it’s time…. He is here for the long haul.
Haven’t attended many games have you. More than a few people.

Why who the f*** is staios lol? He’s another dude that will be fired eventually.

It’s possible that they want the higher draft pick going forward.
That would be quite the play. But at least it is a play.

That implies they feel that a coaching change would immediately improve the team this year tho. And I mean. We have games in hand. Playoffs are attainable with improvement.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Haven’t attended many games have you. More than a few people.

Why who the f*** is staios lol? He’s another dude that will be fired eventually.

That would be quite the play. But at least it is a play.

That implies they feel that a coaching change would immediately improve the team this year tho. And I mean. We have games in hand. Playoffs are attainable with improvement.

The ONLY thing I can see Staios and Andlauer keeping DJ around for this season... is if their evaluation of the team shows these:

1) Quality secondary scoring is going to age out by the time we are contending (Giroux and Tarasenko)

2) Quality depth doesn't currently exist on this team. (Kelly, Chartier, Kastelic, Macewen...)

3) The goaltending has not been up to snuff.

We also have nothing to show for finishing bottom 10 in years: 2019, 2021, 2022 (Kubalik? and like a mid 20s first from boston?)

if this is what they see, then whats the point of firing DJ? The rebuild isn't over... Pinto and Greig aren't top six forwards... and we will need two of them by the time we are ready to go on a run... our Right side D is atrocious. Goaltending is flimsy... and we have no blue-chip prospects in the cupboard.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You backed EM 100%, and still would. Now you back Andlaeur 100%, who's way of doing things is completely opposite of EM. What's your deal with authority, bosses, people in charge? You are a perfect foot soldier. No questions asked just a big Ok Boss. It's hilarious!

did not back EM 100%…. But if you want that to be true in your world, knock yourself out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad