Sick of Ovechkin-bashing on commentary

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
That first goal tonight. He could have been moving his feet. But he just kinda made a few strides then coasted in, never putting the body on the Pens forward. And when he saw the puck coming to the guy it was too late. I mean, that's just ****** game awareness. It's sad that OV is such a flawed player.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
To bad the Caps couldnt put a team at this level when Ovi was at his best. When the overall team finally is good Ovi is not even half the player he once was. A team like this in the years with prime Ovi the Caps would have had a cup.

What on earth are you talking about? The Caps have 7 division titles in the last decade, and three Presidents Trophies. Ovechkin, for whatever reason, just cannot get it done in the big games.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
40 points in his past 70 playoff games, since 11-12.
I love Ovechkin, overall he has been the most entertaining player to watch the past 10+ years for me, but he just cant pull it off in the playoffs for whatever reason.

That's not even close to correct

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
That's not even close to correct

Ok?
I went off of eliteprospects stats. Tell me whats correct then or are you just ****posting?
Edit: Seems like I got the amount of games wrong, its 60, not 70. Still pretty underwhelming but makes it a little better I suppose.

Last edited:

St8Sh00ter

Oct 16, 2016
Ovie =no cups. how fast will his locker be cleared out and on a plan as per usual. russians don't win.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Ok?
I went off of eliteprospects stats. Tell me whats correct then or are you just ****posting?
Edit: Seems like I got the amount of games wrong, its 60, not 70. Still pretty underwhelming but makes it a little better I suppose.

Yeah it's not great for sure. He has to be better though he's not exactly in his prime anymore so how good of run could he still have in him?

If it's any consolation you had me questioning my own math hahah.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Yeah it's not great for sure. He has to be better though he's not exactly in his prime anymore so how good of run could he still have in him?

If it's any consolation you had me questioning my own math hahah.

Yeah my bad, 10 games makes a bit of a difference.
Its still remarkable though, 21 of those 40 points are goals. 21 goals in 60 games for the great 8.

I really dont know, I guess Ovie and the caps just try again next season but...It really feels like their group has become mentally weak with all the failures.

Kirikanoir

Dec 16, 2010
To bad the Caps couldnt put a team at this level when Ovi was at his best. When the overall team finally is good Ovi is not even half the player he once was. A team like this in the years with prime Ovi the Caps would have had a cup.

Seven division titles, three President Trophies, 4 seasons with 50 or more wins. What more team wise does he need to win the Cup? Ovechkin supposedly one of the greatest scorers of all time once again shows how clutch he is when his season is on the line. :sarcasm:

Time to stop making excuses for the guy, so far in his career he has shown that he has not got the ability to rise to the occasion when the playoffs start and things get tough.

He`s becoming the Peyton Manning of the NHL, great regular seasons, disappointing playoff performer. Except he`s worse than Manning since Manning at least got to and won a couple championships.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He deserves all the criticism he gets for that 3rd period.

They would be been better served if he was benched.

Brutal performance.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Wonderful effort once again by 8! His hustle and determination on the 2nd goal was LEGENDARY. More wonderful leadership. What a captain!!

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Ovie =no cups. how fast will his locker be cleared out and on a plan as per usual. russians don't win.

jagsfan.png

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I've been defending Ovi for about 10 years now. I can't anymore. He does not show up in big games. He has the ability to take over games, but he never does when it matters. You'll never win the cup with Ovi as your best player.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
He deserves all the bashing. Gets payed that much and disappear in the playoffs...

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

That nationality related stuff doesn't fly here. The team that just knocked him out is also co-led by a Russian.

If it's about the player, then it's about the player. Not where they come from

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I think Shattenkirk and Holtby are the main ones to blame for that second goal.

I agree with this. Holtby should have smothered because there was pressure there. Shattenkirk then made a very weak clearance. Ovi's momentum had him going the wrong way. Holtby should have stopped that shot too. It wasn't fast.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
What on earth are you talking about? The Caps have 7 division titles in the last decade, and three Presidents Trophies. Ovechkin, for whatever reason, just cannot get it done in the big games.

Divison titles in the crap SE, doesn't mean the team was good. The best dman this team had until 2012 was Mike Green ffs.

Check OV's stats in elimination games, he's PPG. Not sure what else you want him to do?

tmunnuch

Jan 23, 2007
Divison titles in the crap SE, doesn't mean the team was good. The best dman this team had until 2012 was Mike Green ffs.

Check OV's stats in elimination games, he's PPG. Not sure what else you want him to do?

Play some ****ing defense for starters.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
*reviews the Pittsburgh line up*

Good ole Canadian Evgeni Malkin
I've always been somewhat disappointed in Malkin's English I expect better from a fellow English Canadian.

Ovechkin, Ovechkin dude what happened. Complete no show except for 1 good shot on goal. Lost in space on both Pitts goals. I hate to say it but the guy is a loser when it matters most and as others have said it would have been better if was on the PP only or even benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00