Sick of Ovechkin-bashing on commentary

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
ofcourse he needs to do it..., nobody expecting that he doesnt do it. its not like he has another hofer that can just do it for him.

Yeah he actually has two cause MAF will be a HOF'er when it's all said and done as well.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Knew he'd put up an egg when it came to count. WC's group round is coming to an end, he needs to get there in time for eliminations. Deserves all the criticism he gets in the media.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
To bad the Caps couldnt put a team at this level when Ovi was at his best. When the overall team finally is good Ovi is not even half the player he once was. A team like this in the years with prime Ovi the Caps would have had a cup.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
To bad the Caps couldnt put a team at this level when Ovi was at his best. When the overall team finally is good Ovi is not even half the player he once was. A team like this in the years with prime Ovi the Caps would have had a cup.

He's a superstar who's barely over 30. Ovechkin shares in the blame for yet another failure.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Ovechkin showed once again that he's a choker and an awful captain. His speciality is helping his team lose important games.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
When Sid plays like ****, team Canada or Malkin carry him to the next round. When Ovechkin plays like **** his team goes scoreless.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Ovechkin is still a superstar at putting the puck in the net, but he's not the dynamic player he was from 05-10. More like Brett Hull, less like Eric Lindros. I just don't think he can be your "best" player anymore. And considering what he's being paid, I think that means Washington needs to consider moving him.

Washington's depth and goaltending is phenomenal. At some point, you just have to say that the top guys aren't cutting it. That's Backstrom and Ovechkin to me.

Put Ovi from 05-10 on this team, and this series might be very different.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
He's one part of the team. He's not the player he was 7-8 years ago. There's a lot of blame to go around on the Caps, getting shutout in a game 7... good god.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's well deserved. Dude cost his team tonight with terrible defending on both goals.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
40 points in his past 70 playoff games, since 11-12.
I love Ovechkin, overall he has been the most entertaining player to watch the past 10+ years for me, but he just cant pull it off in the playoffs for whatever reason.

Edit: his past 60, not 70.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad