Sick of Ovechkin-bashing on commentary

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
We get it Greg Millen.

CRosby is Canadian and ovechkin isn't.

He just said ovechkin has got to be the difference because Crosby is.

All ovechkin does is try and help his team win did he not watch game one? He even helped the caps answer tonight.

When the caps were eliminated the last two years in overtime to the rangers and pens did you know where ovechkin was? The bench.

It's pretty hard to stop your season ending from the bench.

Ovechkin has a perfectly acceptable ppg in the playoffs.

His teammates disappear!

Why isn't vezina holtby called in to question for allowing soft goals on barely any shots.

How about shattenkirk for doing nothing and being in the ice for every pens goal.

What about the lack of burakovsky, oshie, backstrom??

Where are those guys?

Ovechkin gives his all. I can't even explain how mad Greg millen is making me I put it in mute for he first time in years.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I laughed at the Crosby blocks a shot!! When do you see that from a star player and the captain...

Ummm.... all the time as a Sens fan!?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I laughed at the Crosby blocks a shot!! When do you see that from a star player and the captain...

Ummm.... all the time as a Sens fan!?

He actually said that?

I literally have him on mute it doesent surprise me.

We get it.

All radio personnel said was ovechkin does his job it's time for the other caps to step up. Now he somehow switches the narrative to ovechkin does nothing and crosby does everything.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
He actually said that?

I literally have him on mute it doesent surprise me.

We get it.

All radio personnel said was ovechkin does his job it's time for the other caps to step up. Now he somehow switches the narrative to ovechkin does nothing and crosby does everything.

One of the commentators did. Which just made me chuckle.

That said Crosby is a phenomenal player.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Good for you, I guess?

Ovechkin has been underwhelming in these POs and in the post season in general, not even a PPG career wise. When you get paid like the best and you wear the C for your team, you have the be the difference maker almost every night. Far too many times Ovie doesn't quite give it his all in all 3 zones of the rink so when he's not scoring at an all time great pace, he will get his share of criticism.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I mean, Crosby IS better than Ovechkin and DOES do more to help his team win than Ovechkin...

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Ovechkin is not the problem in Washington. I don't particularly care for his overall game, but there is no reason a team cannot win with him on it. I don't know what is in the water in Washington, but Ovechkin is not the problem.

And hey this series, hell this game is not even over. Pens have looked average this game and caps have dominated most of the play. The only reason the Pens are winning is because of Fleury.

Dick Whitman

Feb 15, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, Crosby IS better than Ovechkin and DOES do more to help his team win than Ovechkin...

Bizarre that the better player does more, eh? The commentary is pretty horrible. Millen's only job should be to fact check Bob Cole (who needs to be corrected a lot)

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
LOL at the Crosby hating Sens fans. Sid is so much better than Ovi it's not even comparable. As a winger Kessel is miles ahead of Ovi at this point.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
LOL at the Crosby hating Sens fans. Sid is so much better than Ovi it's not even comparable. As a winger Kessel is miles ahead of Ovi at this point.

What are you on about? I don't see a single poster hating on Crosby in here.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
I doubt you understand hockey if you're riding him for being the third man back on a 2-on-3.

One can understand the finer points of the game and still have unrealistic expectations.

----------------------

It's not like they're harping on Backstrom or Oshie. They're comparing two players that have been compared their entire careers. Shocker that narrative continues in 2017... :dunno:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Crosby is the better player than Ovechkin and that's simply the truth. But it's not just that. Ovechkin's position and style allow him less influence on the game. If the Caps had a complete centerman who was a bit worse than Crosby but still HOF caliber, they'd still be more capable of beating the Pens.

In the NHL there's 3 ways of winning in the playoffs: (1) dominant two-way Center play (2) dominant Norris d-man and quality top 4 D (3) good team D and a goalie standing on his head

Caps's team D isn't good, Caps don't have a very good D-man and they don't have a dominant two way center. The team is just built all wrong.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Crosby is the better player than Ovechkin and that's simply the truth. But it's not just that. Ovechkin's position and style allow him less influence on the game. If the Caps had a complete centerman who was a bit worse than Crosby but still HOF caliber, they'd still be more capable of beating the Pens.

In the NHL there's 3 ways of winning in the playoffs: (1) dominant two-way Center play (2) dominant Norris d-man and quality top 4 D (3) good team D and a goalie standing on his head

Caps's team D isn't good, Caps don't have a very good D-man and they don't have a dominant two way center. The team is just built all wrong.

Pretty much this. Pitt doesn't have just one, they have two HOF centres. Malkin is doing more heavy lifting than sid right now. People should give him some credit

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bizarre that the better player does more, eh? The commentary is pretty horrible. Millen's only job should be to fact check Bob Cole (who needs to be corrected a lot)

I was about to say, I hope he gets a pay raise for the extra work. :laugh:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Pretty much this. Pitt doesn't have just one, they have two HOF centres. Malkin is doing more heavy lifting than sid right now. People should give him some credit

Realy? Malkin? I wouldn't agree with that. This feels like a stat thing.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ovechkin is an excellent playoff player, Crosby is better but no need to bash the guy for his teams loses. Of course he deserves criticism when he doesn't perform well, but so far in this series he has been pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad