Post-Game Talk: Shrug

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I thought it was about Erickson, but if you want to compare to another player, then, okay. Cammalleri is likely close to retirement as well, so I would put him in the same focus as Erickson. And no. Lucic is not as good as Mike Cammalari right now. Not even close.
This season. Cammalleri has a better ppg than Erickson. And is below Lucic. Erickson brings nothing in his game other than offense and he can't do that any better than Mike Cammalleri.

Lucic is struggling but the last 2 years combined have been a much more effective player than Erickson.

If it was an arguement between Lucic or Cammalleri, especially given contracts but sure. But it was Lucic or Erickson. I take Lucic every day.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This season. Cammalleri has a better ppg than Erickson. And is below Lucic. Erickson brings nothing in his game other than offense and he can't do that any better than Mike Cammalleri.

Lucic is struggling but the last 2 years combined have been a much more effective player than Erickson.

If it was an arguement between Lucic or Cammalleri, especially given contracts but sure. But it was Lucic or Erickson. I take Lucic every day.
Who do you think will retire last amoung those players?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You don't do Lucic for Eriksson, that would be stupid.

If they're willing to do something like Gagner for Lucic @1 mill retained, I'd be willing to look at that and circle back to Maroon in free agency.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
As hard as it is to do I'll try for some positives.

Aberg playing his first game in a ****storm of player suck in the midst of the 2nd period and trying to do whatever he could to get noted and playing a good game. Every credit. The kid couldn't have played better under the circumstance and it had to be hard. The kid getting a point on a nice feed and Pulju goal. Pulju smiling on the bench. I liked all that. There seemed to be some hope with these two.

Benning. I'm rarely full of praise for the player but what balls moments him standing up to Kane, going at two other Sharks and playing the rest of the game with tenacity. Really he needs to remind us more of this in his play but at least we know its there. Please uncork the ugly more often, release the Kraken, we sure need it.

Nurse. Man this guy. The season is a toxic bowl of **** and he does nothing but keep trying, keep playing hard, well, being physical and all in every game. Absolute respect.

Drai, bad game but I liked that he dished out lumber a few times even getting a penalty on one. We were losing this game anyway imo and I didn't mind him bringing some ugly.

Pakarinen. Always like this guy. Sharks got running around pounding people and he reminded that he wasn't going to take. it. gets hammered and proceeds to hammer the guy twice more in retribution and without taking a penalty. But I love the feisty Finn. Just love his all round game. Would be in my lineup every night. These are the players that care enough. With more talent he could be a Finnish Dustin Brown.

Larsson- He was all in on a night where the club didn't have it. I love the guy, really I do, and even more seeing what he's giving here in the worst time of his life.

McD, scores a goal, keeps trying, some good defensive plays and is trying to be positive. You could kind of see in moments he was thinking what a dramatic change this was from last spring.

Not much else but I'm glad to come up with that.

Fell asleep. 1130 start here. Aberg look ok?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You don't do Lucic for Eriksson, that would be stupid.

If they're willing to do something like Gagner for Lucic @1 mill retained, I'd be willing to look at that and circle back to Maroon in free agency.

You have to look at the other side and to be realistic and look at other GMs as not being complete idiots. No other GM in their right mind is going to do a deal like you suggested.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You have to look at the other side and to be realistic and look at other GMs as not being complete idiots. No other GM in their right mind is going to do a deal like you suggested.

Lots of bad contracts do get moved, the later years of Lucic's deal are actually a lot easier to stomach especially with salary retention. $1 million retention on the Oilers part for example makes the last three years of Lucic's deal

3 mill
4 mill
3 mill

With a cap that's gonna be probably close to $90 million by then, the Oilers should be able to find a taker eventually.

But doing something like Eriksson for him is just a lateral move.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
This. If you're a loose cannon, no coach will stop you. If you think your buddy got shafted, you're gonna do whatever it takes to get revenge.

The team culture is **** when it comes to toughness. Bunch of phony tough guys. Yea Lucic was scary....5-6 years ago. Nowadays, all you have to do is sidestep and he's screwed
Lucic was scary last year. Something changed with this team this year. Whether it’s that the season got away in October and everybody stopped caring or Mclellan lost the room for continuing to throw his players under the bus or there was an internal incident and all the players hate each other now or it was something else. Point is something happened and these players aren’t playing the way they did last year in any facet of the game.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
"California refs.....
They're undeniable.
Zebra suits and head full of rocks"

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Todd Mclellan got his reputation as a “good” coach riding the wave of a great team in SJ.

He now does not have that, and it reflects in his game plan, the standings, and the morale of the team.

Was always skeptical of him. Further reaffirmed this season.
His weaknesses have really been exposed this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00