Post-Game Talk: Shredder Wins

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I doubt Lucic is afraid of Nurse. They've fought before. Even if it's a job, it's still hard to fight your own friends.

Not sure if you are saying that in response to me. If so, I agree with what you are saying, just saying there was an opportunity to engage if he had wanted to. I don't think he wanted to. There could be many reasons why thats the case.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
When was the last time a goalie, never started the game and never finished the game, but played in it...
Talbot had some strange stats, his sv% was .905 but his GAA was 7.5

WpEJN4J.jpg
I’m sure it happened to a lot of goalies who played for Mike Keenan. He loved pulling his goalies.

Reactions: McBeastMode

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I’m sure it happened to a lot of goalies who played for Mike Keenan. He loved pulling his goalies.

I seem to recall that he sometimes used it as a creative way to get a timeout. Switching goalies usually take at least a minute or so to accomplish. Minutes later he'd swap them again.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I doubt Lucic is afraid of Nurse. They've fought before. Even if it's a job, it's still hard to fight your own friends.

That was years ago. Nurse is much stronger than then while Lucic is the once famed power forward on his way down. I'm sure Nurse wouldnt want to fight him in 2010. In 2020 Darnell Nurse is Milan Lucic from 2010.

Last thing Lucic needs is to engage a tough guy and lose decisively. Look at giant Buddy Robinson. Khaira absolutely dropped him. Next game all the Oilers will walk taller knowing that just being big doesnt make you strong in that alone.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I just saw Rittich on SN. He said something along the lines of that was his fight, it should have been him in it and next time, he wants to be in it.

Okay then.

Lol I'd say Talbot is tougher than rittich. Is he honestly this stupid he wants to get his face caved in by Smith or the goalie equivalent of chara in Koskinen? Ok then.

Garbman

Feb 3, 2020
There is a lot of shade being thrown on the Flames recently. Between Kneeardano, Turtlegate and Riitich's stick flip they have really looked bad and classless. Nice to see them finally getting exposed. I was so happy when we lit up Rittich. Nice to see he is still running his mouth.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
There is a lot of shade being thrown on the Flames recently. Between Kneeardano, Turtlegate and Riitich's stick flip they have really looked bad and classless. Nice to see them finally getting exposed. I was so happy when we lit up Rittich. Nice to see he is still running his mouth.
welcome and take your first 'like'

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I just saw Rittich on SN. He said something along the lines of that was his fight, it should have been him in it and next time, he wants to be in it.

Okay then.
Hahahaha ... good luck with that Dave. Smith has a bit of the Kassian crazy eye vibe about him. Might be biting off more than he can handle there.

With the stick flip thing, I can see both sides of the argument. Like Draisaitl said, as an opponent you feel disrespected. I also agree with what Big Save Dave said about being able to celebrate in this league. As a fan I like a little celebration. A player can go too far - but I don’t think the stick flip was that over the top. Everyone has a different standard I guess. Some fans (hk97) even jumped all over Gagner and Hall earlier this season for what their post goal celebrations ‘revealed’ about their ‘lack of character’. :rolleyes: But for me, Rittich’s flip wasn’t nearly as bad on the scale of going overboard as say, Yakupov’s slide celly. I like the tweet above that says if Rittich wants to celly like a big shot then he shouldn’t have a word to say any time an Oiler goes nuts after scoring on him. Fair is fair.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hahahaha ... good luck with that Dave. Smith has a bit of the Kassian crazy eye vibe about him. Might be biting off more than he can handle there.

With the stick flip thing, I can see both sides of the argument. Like Draisaitl said, as an opponent you feel disrespected. I also agree with what Big Save Dave said about being able to celebrate in this league. As a fan I like a little celebration. A player can go too far - but I don’t think the stick flip was that over the top. Everyone has a different standard I guess. Some fans (hk97) even jumped all over Gagner and Hall earlier this season for what their post goal celebrations ‘revealed’ about their ‘lack of character’. :rolleyes: But for me, Rittich’s flip wasn’t nearly as bad on the scale of going overboard as say, Yakupov’s slide celly. I like the tweet above that says if Rittich wants to celly like a big shot then he shouldn’t have a word to say any time an Oiler goes nuts after scoring on him. Fair is fair.

He flipped his stick after he made one save and the Oilers hit two posts. I loved the Bautista bat flip, but imagine if he did it after hitting a ball that the opposing team makes an error on and that’s the only reason he gets on base. Or even if he hit a legit double and flipped his bat.

That’s the Rittich equivalent. It looked stupid because of the context.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Please somebody take the Pillsbury Doughboy circa 80s tummy poke commercial and replace with Lucic’s head

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
People are commenting that Looch doesn't fight. That's not even close to the crux of the problem. He doesn't hit, doesn't fight for the puck,, slacks off skating, and flat out looks completely disinterested. No compete.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
People are commenting that Looch doesn't fight. That's not even close to the crux of the problem. He doesn't hit, doesn't fight for the puck,, slacks off skating, and flat out looks completely disinterested. No compete.

I legitimately forgot he was on their team. He was completely unremarkable and did nothing.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
He can still be relatively effective but it's so few and far in-between. I can't believe anyone involved with the Flames will bend over backwards for him. He's cooked as an NHLer.

Thats honestly the problem with Lucic. He makes too much money, I think coaches/management generally like him so they put way too much effort into giving him gravy minutes, pp time etc. If he got paid 1-2 mil a year and the coach just left him on the fourth line to play (and Lucic actually embraced that role) he would probably be fine. He cant find any motivation for him to play to play a role like that though.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014

Mods, Garbman is actually my alt account. Can you ban it so I can't use it anymore?

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
“There’s a Bear in this game” was so cringeworthy to hear, but to her credit it’s probably the most relevant thing she’s ever said in her broadcasting career
and she repeated it because she thought no one heard her cleverness. Worst broadcaster in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad