Post-Game Talk: Shredder Wins

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Smith is such a jerk. I like him but the strutting hair toss back thing at the end was classic Smith. Its like WWE all in there. ;)

I mean if you want my honest answer I want it to be Rittich taking that pounding. Then I would like it 10X more..

I don't know, the way Talbot walked to the back I think he wanted Rittich in the net the rest of the night.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
McDavid gets pissed off last game against these guys and the Oilers play their best two games of the season....lesson? Do not make this team mad. We honestly could make some noise in the playoffs.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
McDavid gets pissed off last game against these guys and the Oilers play their best two games of the season....lesson? Do not make this team mad. We honestly could make some noise in the playoffs.

End of Game 5 vs the Ducks in the playoffs, Kesler practically sits on Talbot yet no call... next game? We smoke the Ducks 7-1. Youre on to something

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Flames have won the season series on points.

Actual tiebreaker for Season Series if it came to it below (which it won't because Oilers are quite a bit ahead in Regulation Wins which is the first tiebreaker).

The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

So the games that actually count if it comes to it would be the two in Edmonton, Saturday's game and the season ender. So right now Calgary is up 4-3 for points. An Edmonton regular win on the season ender gives them the season series from an actual tiebreaker perspective

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
I'm a Gagner fan and that poke in the ribs was going to elicit that from a goalie EVERY SINGLE TIME. It was a snakebit Gagner going a bit far trying to dig for that one. For sure Talbot thought it was too aggressive a poke, and it was.

I didn't catch the thing with Chiasson.

In anycase I won't dislike Talbot who was a good soldier here and associated with a best season here in recent memory.

The one disappointing thing in the game Saturday is that the Oilers didn't instruct somebody like Khaira to specifically go ballistic on somebody like Gio and just take him out. we had that margin in the score where it didn't matter. We had free licence to get back at some crap.

Its interesting how invisible Gaudreau and Monahan are in these intensity matchups. I mean you can't not notice these guys are complete pretenders in big games.
Prior game, in which Monahan fought, I did notice him a bit above and beyond the fight. But on Saturday, he was invisible. At one point I said to myself, is Monahan even playing I haven't noticed him once.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm a Gagner fan and that poke in the ribs was going to elicit that from a goalie EVERY SINGLE TIME. It was a snakebit Gagner going a bit far trying to dig for that one. For sure Talbot thought it was too aggressive a poke, and it was.

I didn't catch the thing with Chiasson.

In anycase I won't dislike Talbot who was a good soldier here and associated with a best season here in recent memory.

The one disappointing thing in the game Saturday is that the Oilers didn't instruct somebody like Khaira to specifically go ballistic on somebody like Gio and just take him out. we had that margin in the score where it didn't matter. We had free licence to get back at some crap.

Its interesting how invisible Gaudreau and Monahan are in these intensity matchups. I mean you can't not notice these guys are complete pretenders in big games.

In my opinion it was almost a simultaneous play. The puck was trickling in behind Talbot and as he fell on it, Gagner was trying to jam it in a split second after the whistle blew. I'm sure you can hear a "YEAH!" as Gagner thinks he scores.

Talbot the person seems like a good dude, no question about it. Talbot the goalie-a whole different story. He allowed way too many goals on the opening few shots way too many times and I was completely finished with him. By the time he was dealt, Stollarz was a lateral acquisition in my opinion. That's how bad he had gotten.

Anyways, I do respect Talbot for taking the plunge and taking on Smith.

As for the Flames "core players", get them on a milk carton. They are nowhere to be found when the tough gets going :laugh:. I still can't get over the audacity of Andersson calling our guys pretenders. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Smith is such a jerk. I like him but the strutting hair toss back thing at the end was classic Smith. Its like WWE all in there. ;)

I mean if you want my honest answer I want it to be Rittich taking that pounding. Then I would like it 10X more..

That poses an interesting question. As Smith and Rittich were teammates for a season or two, would Smith have reacted the same.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Look I know we are all a little high strung that the Sox are losing Mookie:( but Oilers are playing well. So we have that

God what a terrible day :(

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I've checked CalgaryPuck out once in a while and did yesterday as well. It is just mind-blowing how stupid the majority of their posters are. It's like it filled with casual fans who are on it strictly from a social media perspective but not for honest, somewhat deep, analysis.

It's too bad. I used to spend a lot of time there 15-20 years ago when Oilfans was more active. Their original crew certainly hated Edmonton but were still decent. Met a few of them at the first few Heckles and can geniuinely say I'd liked them. But there is some real weirdos on there now.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hmmm.. if injury is more serious.. we might get to keep our 3rd rounder after all

I don't want him to be injured but that would be kind of ironic if he ended up missing 6-8 weeks, and returns for a couple of the games to finish the year to still get 20 goals but not 21.

Either that or Calgary slumps and falls out of the playoff race only to see Lucic go on a season ending heater when the games don't matter anymore to close the gap between them to 9 goals regardless of how Neal ends at.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
In my opinion it was almost a simultaneous play. The puck was trickling in behind Talbot and as he fell on it, Gagner was trying to jam it in a split second after the whistle blew. I'm sure you can hear a "YEAH!" as Gagner thinks he scores.

Talbot the person seems like a good dude, no question about it. Talbot the goalie-a whole different story. He allowed way too many goals on the opening few shots way too many times and I was completely finished with him. By the time he was dealt, Stollarz was a lateral acquisition in my opinion. That's how bad he had gotten.

Anyways, I do respect Talbot for taking the plunge and taking on Smith.

As for the Flames "core players", get them on a milk carton. They are nowhere to be found when the tough gets going :laugh:. I still can't get over the audacity of Andersson calling our guys pretenders. :eyeroll:

I hope this team watches that interview every time before they play these clowns. They called us out and we exposed them for what they really are. Go figure Rasmus was nowhere to be found when things started getting physical. The only time he wanted to talk was when there was already a ref between him and someone else. Guy is a huge chump, talks all this shit and then is invisible the entire game lol. But like 95% of that roster is made up of guys who are all talk so it’s no surprise really. They can make all the comments they want, it seems to work in our benefit. I also bet rittich thinks twice before showboating when his posts save his ass twice next time, he got absolutely embarrassed :laugh:

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
The Calgary Shrinking Violets

Start hard, they wilt. All of 15 regulation wins on the season, negative goal differential and their 'stars' do their best Houdini when the going gets tough.

They arent going anywhere.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I hope this team watches that interview every time before they play these clowns. They called us out and we exposed them for what they really are. Go figure Rasmus was nowhere to be found when things started getting physical. The only time he wanted to talk was when there was already a ref between him and someone else. Guy is a huge chump, talks all this **** and then is invisible the entire game lol. But like 95% of that roster is made up of guys who are all talk so it’s no surprise really. They can make all the comments they want, it seems to work in our benefit. I also bet rittich thinks twice before showboating when his posts save his ass twice next time, he got absolutely embarrassed :laugh:

That is karma in a nutshell. Not only was he pulled, but pulled in the second and had to do the skate of shame past the Oilers bench. That's what I loved about it.

At the start of Oilers Now today, Stauffer said he wished he could play the audio from the Oilers bench chirping the shit out of Rittich as it was priceless, but language and stuff-lol.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
That is karma in a nutshell. Not only was he pulled, but pulled in the second and had to do the skate of shame past the Oilers bench. That's what I loved about it.

At the start of Oilers Now today, Stauffer said he wished he could play the audio from the Oilers bench chirping the **** out of Rittich as it was priceless, but language and stuff-lol.

That’s too bad, I’d love to hear a clip of that haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad