Post-Game Talk: Shredder Wins

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
With 3 players punching Gags while he was on the ground including Talbot using his blocker no less, I'm not sure why this is not a bigger story. Is it because we won?
I think Nurse and Kassian are the only players that get suspended for roughing up unwilling combatants.

Like that goalie fight with Emery (R.I.P.) chasing down Holtby and feeding him dinner.. no suspension there when he assaulted the dude for a minute

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
and she repeated it because she thought no one heard her cleverness. Worst broadcaster in hockey.

The worst part about it all is that Cassie is a former hockey player, and played on the national team for well over 10years. But you wouldn't know it with the dumb shit she says every week.

........Rittitch having the mental advantage over Koskinen in the 3rd.....I still love how Hrudey cut that off so fast with "yeah no, it's not like that at all"

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
What happened to their lil Johnny hockey? He was literally invisible for the last couple games, almost forgot he was on their team.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
At this point I can only assume that Lucic refuses to fight because he’s no longer a good fighter and if he gets his ass kicked then the Flames locker room will no longer respect him.

Good times haha

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The worst part about it all is that Cassie is a former hockey player, and played on the national team for well over 10years. But you wouldn't know it with the dumb **** she says every week.

........Rittitch having the mental advantage over Koskinen in the 3rd.....I still love how Hrudey cut that off so fast with "yeah no, it's not like that at all"
You know it's bad when Hrudey is the guy telling you your homer comment is too much.

space321

May 11, 2011
Not sure why people are comparing Rittich's flip to Bautista's.

Bautista's actually happened in what was the most intense moment of a playoff series. He f***ing made a statement with that HR + bat flip. That was legendary.

Rittich stared down Draisaitl and flipped after getting his ass saved by the post twice. f***ing pathetic. Actually disrespecful to Bautista to be compared llike that

Reactions: TB12 and Austerlitz

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Just rewatched this game, this is one that I'll come back to, like Pulp Fiction. A masterpiece.

Noticed a little detail. It's 2-1, McDavid walks in and rips it past Rittich. Huge goal. Cooly puts his stick in the air. That's it. It's 3-1, McDavid flying in on the 2 on 1. Another snipe. Another huge goal. Cooly puts his stick in the air. As Rittich is getting torn up by Draisaitl, Kassian, everybody on the bench, McDavid just skates around, says nothing. Both goals? Stick side.

Could be a coincidence, but the Louis L'Amour fan in me thinks that's a definitive statement.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Just watched Talbot interview.. can't link it here for some reason. But he's a good dude whom I still like and respect. He said he basically knew that he was going to get his butt kicked in but he did it anyway.

He was a huge part of one of the most entertaining games in ages he pretty much kicked off that whole series of events too, I love it. And it was interesting seeing him not let the first shot on net in lol

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Not sure why people are comparing Rittich's flip to Bautista's.

Bautista's actually happened in what was the most intense moment of a playoff series. He ****ing made a statement with that HR + bat flip. That was legendary.

Rittich stared down Draisaitl and flipped after getting his ass saved by the post twice. ****ing pathetic. Actually disrespecful to Bautista to be compared llike that

It's still a dick move to do on Oilers ice, and he got what he f***ing deserved :)

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
It's good to be happy at a decisive win, but it's still only one game. This can be undone by losing the next crucial game or to Calgary again. Hopefully not. Fortunately the coaching staff and maybe players knows this and doesn't get carried away with a win.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He flipped his stick after he made one save and the Oilers hit two posts. I loved the Bautista bat flip, but imagine if he did it after hitting a ball that the opposing team makes an error on and that’s the only reason he gets on base. Or even if he hit a legit double and flipped his bat. That’s the Rittich equivalent. It looked stupid because of the context.
It was an emotional game. Far more emotional than the run of the mill regular season game. When stuff happens that amps up the intensity, and the hatred, guys just want to win even more. Facing down the league points leaders, in succession, in a shootout, for the win, is a big moment for a goalie. Oilers hit the post, he got lucky. I’m sure he’d say he was so on position that all he gave them was post. Whatever. He also made 30 saves in the game, so it’s not like he hadn’t put in a night’s work. Look, I’m not trying to defend the guy at all. He can kick spikes. But in general I guess I’m OK with players doing stuff like what he did. I can understand why he did it - in the moment.

It’s the kind of cockiness that can come back to haunt you though, and he faced his music day before yesterday. Other than the tweet about that being ‘his fight’ that someone posted above, has he complained at all about the Oilers’ intentionally exaggerated cellys, or about getting chirped by the bench when he got pulled? I dunno, if he has whined about any of that I guess I’d say he was the sort of poor sport who can dish it out but can’t take it. Which wouldn’t surprise me in the least given the club he plays for.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

tenor.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It was an emotional game. Far more emotional than the run of the mill regular season game. When stuff happens that amps up the intensity, and the hatred, guys just want to win even more. Facing down the league points leaders, in succession, in a shootout, for the win, is a big moment for a goalie. Oilers hit the post, he got lucky. I’m sure he’d say he was so on position that all he gave them was post. Whatever. He also made 30 saves in the game, so it’s not like he hadn’t put in a night’s work. Look, I’m not trying to defend the guy at all. He can kick spikes. But in general I guess I’m OK with players doing stuff like what he did. I can understand why he did it - in the moment.

It’s the kind of cockiness that can come back to haunt you though, and he faced his music day before yesterday. Other than the tweet about that being ‘his fight’ that someone posted above, has he complained at all about the Oilers’ intentionally exaggerated cellys, or about getting chirped by the bench when he got pulled? I dunno, if he has whined about any of that I guess I’d say he was the sort of poor sport who can dish it out but can’t take it. Which wouldn’t surprise me in the least given the club he plays for.

It was a lucky shootout win in February where he only had to make one save. He’s free to do whatever he wants, but I can understand why the Oilers didn’t like it.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad