Proposal: Should we trade for Jarome Iginla?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't be too quick to dump Brown. His north/south speed game was well suited to the playoffs and he provided valuable energy and momentum shifts at key times. If anything, our lord and savior Yzerman should be working on finding a shooting guru to work with Brown this offseason. If Brown had a bit better shot and a bit better luck, he could easily have had 15+ goals this past season and 4-5 in the playoffs.

you should play lottery tickets if you think he can score maybe you would win

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Brown is like the 03/04 Cibak.

It's too bad he couldn't score to save his, his families, and his next door neighbors lives.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
We could throw almost any of our prospect forwards into Browns spot and get all the offense and somewhat equal defense from them. So if he wants any more money than what he currently makes its time for him to part ways.

Which is sad because I really like Brown.

Edit: And if we get Iggy for Carle and say, Barberios rights then I'm all in for it, but imho there are better vets to be had than Iggy, like Jumbo, if we have to give more than a 4th to top that deal.

You have to remember that Iggy scored what he did the past two years with the best possible linemates and situations, and I guarantee he isn't getting the same points in our third line where you've been stuffing him into.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We could throw almost any of our prospect forwards into Browns spot and get all the offense and somewhat equal defense from them. So if he wants any more money than what he currently makes its time for him to part ways.

Which is sad because I really like Brown.

Edit: And if we get Iggy for Carle and say, Barberios rights then I'm all in for it, but imho there are better vets to be had than Iggy, like Jumbo, if we have to give more than a 4th to top that deal.

You have to remember that Iggy scored what he did the past two years with the best possible linemates and situations, and I guarantee he isn't getting the same points in our third line where you've been stuffing him into.

I mostly disagree. In all likelihood he'd probably be getting between 13-15 minutes 5v5 with Filppula, Killorn, and Drouin. Depending on if he get's a lot of play on the man advantage, which he should, that will probably creep up closer to the 15-17 minute mark.

He averaged around 18 minutes last season playing with Tanguay and Duchene, I don't see a massive drop off in production by comparison.

I also wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Iginla eventually make his way onto the Stamkos line, where he'd add the power forward dimension that Callahan brings while trading out defense for offense.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
I mostly disagree. In all likelihood he'd probably be getting between 13-15 minutes 5v5 with Filppula, Killorn, and Drouin. Depending on if he get's a lot of play on the man advantage, which he should, that will probably creep up closer to the 15-17 minute mark.

He averaged around 18 minutes last season playing with Tanguay and Duchene, I don't see a massive drop off in production by comparison.

I also wouldn't be entirely shocked to see Iginla eventually make his way onto the Stamkos line, where he'd add the power forward dimension that Callahan brings while trading out defense for offense.

Whose minutes are those? We aint trading a forward so there's 0% chance he'll get that many mins. And Iggy got full 1st PP time which he ain't gonna get.... And he played with everybody during the year, so not just Bustchene and washed up Tanguay.

And at this point of their careers I don't see Iggy coming and dethroning Cally from that 1st line.
And there's no way he gets the matchups he got in Avs, those go to Stamkos-line and TkO

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Whose minutes are those? We aint trading a forward so there's 0% chance he'll get that many mins. And Iggy got full 1st PP time which he ain't gonna get.... And he played with everybody during the year, so not just Bustchene and washed up Tanguay.

And at this point of their careers I don't see Iggy coming and dethroning Cally from that 1st line.
And there's no way he gets the matchups he got in Avs, those go to Stamkos-line and TkO

He just outscored Callahan on a career year this season...with an Av's offense that was deprived.. I'd much rather see Iginla in the top-6 and Callahan on the 3rd line if Iginla was here. He has much more offensive instincts and also plays the net presense role.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

A 0% chance? Just because you said it doesn't mean it's true.

If he got 29 goals and 59 points with a "bust" and washed up player, what could he do with our top 9?

Not saying it's going to happen, I even think it's highly unlikely, but if we somehow get him then he's getting the minutes and he would be a huge part of our offense.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
A 0% chance? Just because you said it doesn't mean it's true.

If he got 29 goals and 59 points with a "bust" and washed up player, what could he do with our top 9?

Not saying it's going to happen, I even think it's highly unlikely, but if we somehow get him then he's getting the minutes and he would be a huge part of our offense.

It's 0% chance because who is he gonna replace from our 1st PP?....

And I just told you he didn't play 100% of the season with Duchene and Tanguay, he played with MacK and whoever proly as many games as with them. You probably missed my point, which was that he played with every possible offensive linemate, which he most likely isn't gonna get with us, when the spot you're fitting him into is third line winger..

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

And I just told you he didn't play 100% of the season with Duchene and Tanguay, he played with MacK and whoever proly as many games as with them. You probably missed my point, which was that he played with every possible offensive linemate, which he most likely isn't gonna get with us, when the spot you're fitting him into is third line winger..

He played a majority of the season with Tanguay and Duchene. He got very little time with MacKinnon, it was Landeskog - O'Reilly - MacKinnon until Mac was shutdown for the year. Iginla was the best offensive player for the Avs and Tanguay second best, I still don't want him because of the caphit even though he would help. Maybe at the deadline in 17 for one last run.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Duchene and Tanguay made up their best line last season, dont think playing with Mackinnon would exactly help him. I also didnt say he would get 1st pp time, but if he did I would put him on Stralmans spot, move Hedman to Stamkos's spot, move Stamkos to the circle, and put Johnson on the second pp unit.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Duchene and Tanguay made up their best line last season, dont think playing with Mackinnon would exactly help him. I also didnt say he would get 1st pp time, but if he did I would put him on Stralmans spot, move Hedman to Stamkos's spot, move Stamkos to the circle, and put Johnson on the second pp unit.

we do have to remember that yzerman tried to sign jason garrison in the 2012 offseason. Then 2 years later he traded for him. assuming Jarome Iginla plays two more seasons better chance for a cup tampa bay ? or colorado ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad