Proposal: Should we trade for Jarome Iginla?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
should the lightning trade for Jarome Iginla ? not sure if he is on the block ? but they want to resign RoR and need a top four defenseman. Matt carle played college hockey at Denver. now I doubt they take carle straight up for iginla but something else can be added. We know yzerman had strong interest in him last season this could really help our bottom six group.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Carle is a negative asset so including him as a cap dump would increase the price we'd have to pay for Iginla and as much as I like him he's not worth what it would cost. Without Carle included, the trade isn't possible unless we find someone else to dump Carle on first. So basically my answer is no because it's not feasible, not because Iginla wouldn't be a good add.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i vote absolutely NOT

reasoning is price is more then i would want he has same amount as carle or a year left

i want a vet 3rd liner basically brad richards cheaper deal just for a year one year dont want to lose assets like any of our good a prospects or a vladdy etc...

is a trade that would work but would focus more on a cheap third fourth liner think buffalo ott or brad richards type 3 million range someone in pinch can move up lines if injuries happen and focus on this dammed defense

garrison had a beast of a year but is 32 carle was a train wreck all year after injury looked like a rookie he has to go

i really want stralman and garrision and still a two for hedman someone pmd who can allow hedman to play offense more often

i want coburn as our five and to allow nestea some offensive growth i want to keep koekkoek in minors and tony d for a couple years if possible in minors and witkowski is just barely serviceable

we need a 2 or at least a 4 guy

carle seemed at one point to be that to me he does no more I hate sustr but his contract is fine so if he gets a role part time I wont go nutts

if is carle sustr i will go nutts

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Only way I think I would be okay with it is \iIf Yzerman could somehow pull a Carle for Iggy trade 1 for 1 I would be okay with it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i vote absolutely NOT

reasoning is price is more then i would want he has same amount as carle or a year left

i want a vet 3rd liner basically brad richards cheaper deal just for a year one year dont want to lose assets like any of our good a prospects or a vladdy etc...

is a trade that would work but would focus more on a cheap third fourth liner think buffalo ott or brad richards type 3 million range someone in pinch can move up lines if injuries happen and focus on this dammed defense

garrison had a beast of a year but is 32 carle was a train wreck all year after injury looked like a rookie he has to go

i really want stralman and garrision and still a two for hedman someone pmd who can allow hedman to play offense more often

i want coburn as our five and to allow nestea some offensive growth i want to keep koekkoek in minors and tony d for a couple years if possible in minors and witkowski is just barely serviceable

carle seemed at one point to be that to me he does no more I hate sustr but his contract is fine so if he gets a role part time I wont go nutts

Well carle has 3 years term left iggy has two years term left. So he would be off the books by the time Johnson, palat and Hedman need new deals.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We're freaking out over Stamkos breaking the cap structure of the team and you want to bring in Iginla, a $5+ million player? No thanks.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We're freaking out over Stamkos breaking the cap structure of the team and you want to bring in Iginla, a $5+ million player? No thanks.

At age 37 he did put up numbers Killorn will never put up! Iginla is worth that money now maybe he is not a fit for us due to are cap issues next year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i vote absolutely NOT

I doubt we get brad Richards kane loves that guy wants him back

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Do we really need a slow, past his prime player?

Uh, no.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Do we really need a slow, past his prime player?

Uh, no.

A wut

morrow1.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I doubt we get brad Richards kane loves that guy wants him back

i think steve puts callahan strawman and boyle to work on richards see if is any interest even trading sharp they are against the cap i think they lose richards oduya and sharp myself also chicago has guys from within and need a cheaper d then oduya they are in a situation forward wise they have some kids

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i think steve puts callahan strawman and boyle to work on richards see if is any interest even trading sharp they are against the cap i think they lose richards oduya and sharp myself also chicago has guys from within and need a cheaper d then oduya they are in a situation forward wise they have some kids

That window opens up Thursday when Stevie can talk to brad! Let's remember Stevie has failed to sign brad twice now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Nope, Iginla's contract is too much. He can still go when put with the right team or players, but what Colorado gave him is ridiculous

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Well Cally became good friends with Richards during his time with the Rangers, they even had good chemistry together. Cally scored 29 goals that season playing with him. However, I think he wants to stay in Chicago, he just won a cup, and has made friends on that team as well so will be hard to get him to sign, plus he knows the organization down here so he knows what it's about, won't really need any influence if he does have any interest in returning to Tampa.

Right now we really don't know what our top 9 will look like next season, but think we have enough forward depth to create a lethal top 9 without having to trade for outside support. The only moves we need is to upgrade our bottom D pairing which means trying to move Carle. Coop did not put the best possible lines together in the finals. A lot of that loss is on some of Cooper's decisions, imo, but also with TKO being banged up and the top line and Stamkos not getting it done did not help the situation of his decisions.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well Cally became good friends with Richards during his time with the Rangers, they even had good chemistry together. Cally scored 29 goals that season playing with him. However, I think he wants to stay in Chicago, he just won a cup, and has made friends on that team as well so will be hard to get him to sign, plus he knows the organization down here so he knows what it's about, won't really need any influence if he does have any interest in returning to Tampa.

Right now we really don't know what our top 9 will look like next season, but think we have enough forward depth to create a lethal top 9 without having to trade for outside support. The only moves we need is to upgrade our bottom D pairing which means trying to move Carle. Coop did not put the best possible lines together in the finals. A lot of that loss is on some of Cooper's decisions, imo, but also with TKO being banged up and the top line and Stamkos not getting it done did not help the situation of his decisions.
who has a better chance to win the cup next season lightning or blackhawks ?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
who has a better chance to win the cup next season lightning or blackhawks ?

It's a toss up, Our expectations will be to get back to the finals next season. We should be able to do that with this current group, with just some upgrades to the bottom 6 which we have already in our system we will have a better chance, imo.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I would be all about an Iginla for Carle deal. Instead of paying 5 million for a guy to play bottom pair minutes, your giving it to a perennial 30 goal scorer, who will definitely play more of a key role.

The #1 motivator here is that his contract will be up when Hedman and the triplets get their raises, unlike Carle's contract. The idea is that you are loading up while you have a small window of cheap contracts which are team controlled, should be a smooth transition.

Jarome isn't going to blaze by anybody, but he's fast enough to keep up. Don't forget, Yzerman went after him pretty hard last off season, an Iginla deal is actually a lot more likely than I first thought. Under the right conditions, I can see it happening

Killorn-Filppula-Iginla that's an amazing third line.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I remember reports that we were after Iginla. Months later the Callahan trade happened and Iggy was in Boston so I think that ship has sailed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad