Should we have traded Reimer instead of Scrivens?

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
why are people so simple minded

he gets a shutout
new thread

you know what i mean, people have such simple minds
Reimer is still better than Scrivens

Scrivens was a good goalie, never said he was ****

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Don't see anyway the Leafs won't want to control the asset. Reimer has very little say although I suppose he could sit out.

It would be a mistake on managements part to let it get to this. There is no way Reimer wants to play backup and he has every reason to believe he can be a starter somewhere in the league.

I'm not advocating trading him now unless we somehow get a hold of a proven vet backup for the playoffs.

It will be a mistake to let this carry on much further beyond that, one way or the other.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It would be a mistake on managements part to let it get to this. There is no way Reimer wants to play backup and he has every reason to believe he can be a starter somewhere in the league.

I'm not advocating trading him now unless we somehow get a hold of a proven vet backup for the playoffs.

It will be a mistake to let this carry on much further beyond that, one way or the other.

I don't think any young goalie wants to play backup, it's on him how he handles it.
I don't think there is any friction here.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
We need to let go of past players. There is no telling that: Steen, Scrivens, MacA, Grabbo would excel here

Tukka Raask would probably excel here lol

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'll never understand the hand wringing over what traded players do on their new teams. There is absolutely no way of knowing what the player would have done if he wasn't traded, so it seems pointless to even think about.

I agree, but it does provide another thing to add to the list of how hard done by Leaf fans are. :sarcasm:

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
No we shouldn't have because at the time Reimer was our starter who just had a tremendous regular season and playoffs.

What a ridiculous question to ask.

TorontoToine

Jan 10, 2014
Mimico Ontario boy
scrivens has only played 4 games for the oilers and lets face it on L.A. any half decent goalie looks amazing, lets calm down and stop making useless threads like this

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So next game Scrivens gives up 5 goals, gets pulled and the Oilers lose 8-2.
New thread: Glad we kept Reimer.
If it makes you feel any better though, eventually we will have traded both Scrivens and Reimer.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
love reading these threads

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
20/20 hind sight you could make that argument. Not because I think Scrivens is the better goalie but because Reimer would have grabbed a bigger return and now that Bernier has all but settled the argument as to who's #1 the team could be further ahead than they currently are. Reimer has been slumping recently but you can't discount his contributions earlier in the season.

TheThrill81*

Huh? Reimer has been pulled 6 times...I have to stop posting to this stuff going forward but really man?

It's not like the Leafs ever left him out to dry. You're having a laugh if you think Reimer hasn't contributed to the Leafs being in a playoff spot this season. I love how the season isn't even over yet and some people are starting to use revisionist history.

If anything, you're the pitchfork mob.

Who are you again?

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
either way, im sure 100% of leaf fans would take bernier over scrivens so it is irrelevant which goalie we traded between scrivens and reimer.

considering nonis needed to retain salary on the scrivens ~$600,000 i dont think la would have had interest in reimer at $1.8 million.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
No.

Hindsight sucks, but Reimer was a potential #1, and Scriven's was going to be a quality back-up. Not to mention, either of them would have great success playing for the Kings.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Quite possibly the most simplistic argument you could create in Reimer's favour.

Simple arguments are generally good ones.

Even then, at least once this season Reimer has been pulled but Bernier has been credited with a loss after getting the team back into the game.

How does it work for goalies? Is it whoever is in net at the end of the game? Is it whoever gives up the winning goal?

The stats are skewed due to 6 pulls and loses accredited to Bernier I believe.

Well, that kinda changes things then doesn't it?

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I don't think any young goalie wants to play backup, it's on him how he handles it.
I don't think there is any friction here.

Really? I think the friction has already begun and as much as he is trying to be a professional (more than a lot of players would) I think its starting to show in his game

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
No...?

We traded a backup, a 3rd liner and a 2nd rounder for a #1.

Although the job seems to be Bernier's, we have a 1A/1B thing going, get a backup next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad