Should we have traded Reimer instead of Scrivens?

calvin0416*

I'm glad we traded Scrivens. That way he gets playing time now on EDM to show that he's the real deal. If he stayed on Toronto, he'd never get playing time and he'd be sent back down to the AHL.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I think we should just resign Reimer and ride with two goalies. It's not like he's going to expensive to sign.

He's going to want starters money.

I really tihnk you guys are underestimating how difficult it will be to sign this guy RFA or not.

I'll bet he'll go play in Russia rather than play backup here another season; we completely screwed him

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
I have to agree.
Reimer is a nice enough guy that he will probably not come out and say it but I doubt he will wish to sign here as a backup.

I am sure he was pretty insulted, believing he was the #1 and then to have the Leafs bring in another Goalie (which everyone knew was being brought in to be the #1). Now When he does get a start he must walk on egg shells because a bad start means no more starts for some time. When he lets in a goal it must kill his confidence, he can not play loose.

Granted I was never a big Reimer fan but I feel for the guy. I highly doubt he is here next year.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Reimer at the time had higher trade value than Scrivens, so perhaps that might've meant that we keep less on the table to get Bernier.

But as others pointed out, Reimer, with the LAK in front of him, would've made any Bernier/Reimer swap look like a bamboozling.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
bahaha...Scrivens posts 59-save shutout, thread pops up 'did we trade the right guy' HF Boards never ceases to amaze me.

By the way...we traded the right guy.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
going by the poll so far, it would seem like keeping Reimer was the right move. I don't think enough games played are used to make a true comparison between the 2 goalies, but nice try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad