Line Combos: Should we break up our 1st line?

Should we break our 1st line?

• Total voters

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’ve mentioned his play once in game threads. But drop him to the 3rd line? Has he been THAT bad?

Who would center the second line? Point would obviously be 1C

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I can think of worse things than moving Stammer down the lineup. Move him into a position where he is forced to shoot and once he's simplified his game move him back.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Don't think there really is another option than to ride out Stamkos-Kucherov, I mean they've shown they can get extremely hot but when they're cold they're pretty ineffective. Luckily Kucherov is able to produce regardless of linemates.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, think we're better off riding it out. Even though Stammer should probably see time on a lower line based on his play, I still think he'd look worse with anyone else. We're winning. For this series at least, I see it as a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Beyond that, I can't tell if one big playoff game would turn things around for Stammer or not. I still can't decide if his issue is mental, or if the rhythm, pacing and style of the playoffs really just accentuate the soft spots in his game. I mean, there's nothing wrong with his hands. He needs to be barging in and looking for trash around the net. He should be looking to just clunk one in rather than trying to tie a bow on it. Or just focus entirely on tip-ins and redirects, and let Kuch work out the logistics.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think we should be breaking up the rest of our chemistry just because Stamkos deserves a demotion. That's more punitive than logical.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad