Should Toronto bomb for McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Of course they should. This core group has shown over and over it can't get it done.

They need to bottom out and accumulate some top-of-the-draft talent over a period of years.

Will they?

Of course not. They will "go for the playoffs" and win just enough games to ruin their draft position. Year, after year after year after year it's the same thing with this organization.

Well I think it is going to take a serious and massive philosophy shift from the board of governors first.

I just don't know if "those kind of people" have it in them to do that though.

Look they brought in a proven winner in tim lieweekly and he went full Brian Burke mode with every entity they have, he went into "win now mode", problem is, that is not how TL gained success in LA, it took a long time and a lot of hard work.

big soccer inkings

winning the Clarkson sweepstakes, inking dion, trading for Bolland , regardless how ridiculous the contracts , trade costs and remaining contract forecast.

and now just under a year into his contract , he was planning his out strategy , ever wonder why?

I think the biggest task ahead of shanny is NOT fixing this team, per say

but fixing ownerships attitude and top mandates.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If there is a team that can blow drafting Mcdavid right now, I would put Shanahan, Dubas, and Nonis at the head of the class. The 3 blind mice.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
We should be thinking bout trading kessel/phaneuf/lupul before the tdl.

Leaf fans: "we have never had a top end generational talent on our team, we need a legit top 5 superstar"

Leaf fans: we need playoffs now!?!?!

Fyi these two contradict themselves, hopefully we tank for mcdavid, leafs are the cash cow of the nhl and they would be dumb if leafs came last and they "lost" the draft lottery for mcdavid, but worst comes to worse eichel could really make this team a lot better.

Tank, rebuild, could have a legit team in 2-3 years that are legit contenders instead of this "hopefully we make playoffs" bs everyyear, limbo will never result in anything productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad