Proposal: Should the Sabres be in on Gusev ?

Should we try for Gusev

• Total voters

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
take clarktard with gusev, would be easy
If we take on Clarkson we would be in the exact same position Vegas is trying to avoid - be over the cap and have 0 capspace once we put him on LTIR. Not sure if Botts wants to do that. Id be more inclined to take on Reaves and try to figure out a way where we are under the cap even if the margin to the ceiling is minimal (buyouts, waivers, sending some player for nothing...).

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Ristolainen to Winnipeg for 1st round pick
Conditional 1st* to Vegas for Gusev and Carrier

Whichever is lower of Sabres/Jets

Its-Not-Going-To-Happen.jpg

Reactions: Freeeeedom

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Aw man, I voted "we have enough scoring" thinking I'd be the only one- some other idiot agreed with me.

Of course we should be in, hope we are. Gotta say, Botts has been making some shrewd moves.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I'd have no problem giving up Nylander, but my guess is Vegas would value one of the defensive prospects more. I'd offer them their pick of the litter plus a second.

Bless the two people who voted that they have enough scoring as is.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Ok, it's not my money.

Clarkson contract and Jake McCabe or defensive prospect it is.

Welcome to Buffalo Nikita Gusev.
Although it does seem like we'd need some sort of pick in return.

But yes, I replied to my own post!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What is the value of Nylander right now? Mid to late 2nd round pick? Gusev's should be similar if not higher. I dont think Nylander holds more value than Gusev, maybe the opposite but should be close. Lets hope they are interested in Nylander as the piece coming back. Vegas are kind of thin at C. Maaaybe Asplund+pick works instead as maybe Asplund can be a 4C for them this year. They need cheap center one way or another.

Nylander has 6 years of team control vs Gusev
Nylander is 5 yrs younger.

Your valuing of nylander is biased. He was a top 10 pick who enters his 2ELC and you lower is value like that ; facepalm:

Historically you don’t see much of non top 5 picks till 2nd ELC year.

Many feel you start the downside of your career at 26.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Ok, it's not my money.

Clarkson contract and Jake McCabe or defensive prospect it is.

Welcome to Buffalo Nikita Gusev.

Dumb.....

I done e rn think this would happen.

It would have made more sense to do a large trade like Miller+ Gusev+Clarkson for McCabe and 2nd

I don’t see second deal happening.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Dumb.....

I done e rn think this would happen.

It would have made more sense to do a large trade like Miller+ Gusev+Clarkson for McCabe and 2nd

I don’t see second deal happening.
Is it necessary to call it dumb?

I already said we would need more compensation.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Nylander has 6 years of team control vs Gusev
Nylander is 5 yrs younger.

Your valuing of nylander is biased. He was a top 10 pick who enters his 2ELC and you lower is value like that ; facepalm:

Historically you don’t see much of non top 5 picks till 2nd ELC year.

Many feel you start the downside of your career at 26.
How's Dal Colle working our for the Islanders, may I ask? Or yak for Edmonton. High pick doesn't mean he will turn into anything. Right now Gusev is the better player. There is no guarantee Nylander will ever get to his level. Of course he may become a better player than Gusev, but I'm not in risk mode with this franchise.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How's Dal Colle working our for the Islanders, may I ask? Or yak for Edmonton. High pick doesn't mean he will turn into anything. Right now Gusev is the better player. There is no guarantee Nylander will ever get to his level. Of course he may become a better player than Gusev, but I'm not in risk mode with this franchise.

I was talking non top 5 picks..both of those players were top 5. The isles had 4 top 5 picks that were busts in terms of where drafted that they traded away or didn’t develop. How much could that be on the team?

Gusev has done NOTHING in the NHL. Nylander has done more.

Nylander is also younger.

Gusev played in a low contact more skating KHL. He needs a year to adjust. My feeling he is a teens g/ 35 point player

Isle el is not that of a superstar. I look at him similar to Vesey.

Nylander easily is better than him after his ELC is completed...even more if you look at $/pt.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
His minimum is a total that he’s hit once before ?
What? Once before? Check out his statistics, especially in KHL fewer games than in NHL.
He’s at liking about Gusev, who hasn’t never played an NHL game, much less hit 50 points :laugh:
Of course I like Gusev because he is a great player and unlike you I have not missed one of his games and I know what kind of player he is.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad