Should the Panthers take a look at Gomez?

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I'm being 100% honest here, if we could get him for the 1-2M dollar range should we take a shot at him? What could we lose to signing him to a 1-2 year deal? I think he might be able to change his game around, and for the Panthers he fits the need of a 2nd/3rd line center. Wouldn't be overly surprised if the Panthers picked him up.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd be shocked if they did. There's nothing about him that would interest Tallon or any other GM

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm being 100% honest here, if we could get him for the 1-2M dollar range should we take a shot at him? What could we lose to signing him to a 1-2 year deal? I think he might be able to change his game around, and for the Panthers he fits the need of a 2nd/3rd line center. Wouldn't be overly surprised if the Panthers picked him up.

Meh. He's worth an invite to camp.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I think there's a greater chance we give Redden a 1-year deal, especially if this Kulikov thing gets prolonged and Gudbranson is injured/sent down.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Told that Bost, Tor, Fla, Ott have expressed at least preliminary interest in Redden...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wouldn't mind seeing him on the team, just under 2.5M.
Redden hasn't played in the NHL in 3 years by this summer. He'd have one hell of a agent if he got anything other than a tryout.

Might as well give him a tryout. Can't hurt, especially with Guds and Kulikov being out.
Rangers aren't going to risk Redden getting hurt and thus eliminating them from buying Redden out. Also you can't give players that are under contract tryouts, we'd have to trade for him and his 6.5 caphit (even if the Rangers absorbed some of that) says no no to DT. He's a bottom-pairing guy at this point.

They've probably told Wade to go home, spend quality time with your family, wait for July and the upcoming buyout.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Redden hasn't played in the NHL in 3 years by this summer. He'd have one hell of a agent if he got anything other than a tryout.

Rangers aren't going to risk Redden getting hurt and thus eliminating them from buying Redden out. Also you can't give players that are under contract tryouts, we'd have to trade for him and his 6.5 caphit (even if the Rangers absorbed some of that) says no no to DT. He's a bottom-pairing guy at this point.

They've probably told Wade to go home, spend quality time with your family, wait for July and the upcoming buyout.

Makes sense. I agree with what you're saying.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL

Never mind, I thought he was signed at like 7 mil.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
The Rangers are getting a special circumstance accelerated buyout for Redden (same as Gomez). He will be a free agent within a couple of days.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We have seen plenty of players rejuvenate their career in SFL. Don't see why we can't give Gomez a chance at the vet min

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad