Should the Avs play Makar this year?

Should the Avs play Makar this season

• Total voters

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I wasn't a fan of burning a year on Makar to be honest and thought it would only be worth it to burn the year if we were legitimate contenders for the Cup. My view has changed substantially and I think this team HAD to win a series to start having that swagger and know they can hang AND it was great for Makar to be a part of the series from a confidence level. I want our team to have a Golden State feeling to it where we have so much potential and the players are so tight with each other they don't want to play elsewhere and structure contracts to reflect that. We would have won that series without Makar, I know that, but it was worth it to see what we have in him on the biggest stage. He doesn't fold under the pressure (see Johnny Hockey).

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Haven’t been this excited to see a player dominate since Nate. Can I change my vote?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Makar will now get a guaranteed seven games with the Avs, probably more if round two isn't a sweep. Completely worth it.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Compher isn't insignificant...
He is a depth player, not a core piece. Even if Makar would have sat the playoffs the Avs are losing someone decent, its not worth it and never was.

The poll result just shows that fans either had no idea what kind of a player Makar was or that they were willing to take asset management so far that sitting a top 4 D in the playoffs became a smart move, just because we could expose a different depth piece

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I voted no.

Shame me.

tumblr_nsoxj707eu1tg5njuo1_400.gif

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He is a depth player, not a core piece. Even if Makar would have sat the playoffs the Avs are losing someone decent, its not worth it and never was.

The poll result just shows that fans either had no idea what kind of a player Makar was or that they were willing to take asset management so far that sitting a top 4 D in the playoffs became a smart move, just because we could expose a different depth piece
I think calling them depth is underestimating them. We'll see by expansion draft anyways. I expect they have another level or so to bring.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't know who has has the bigger balls the last three games, Makar for doing all this or Bednar for putting him out there in the postseason to do it.

I still can't get over that defensive zone draw they gave Makar in game 4 OT.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I don't know who has has the bigger balls the last three games, Makar for doing all this or Bednar for putting him out there in the postseason to do it.

I still can't get over that defensive zone draw they gave Makar in game 4 OT.

We are going to be an amazing team. Makar is captain quality for sure. This team will be awesome, we have so much depth. Can't wait for Kaut, Greer and Bowers to be on this team full time. Hopefully at least one of them makes a jump to NHL.

Edit, Also rooting for Meloche to make our team. I know TigerWixen is a big fan of his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad