Should Rick Nash jerseys be "Taboo" inside Nationwide Arena?

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Where an Umberger jersey is more taboo than wearing a Nash jersey.

Above that, as much as I hate that guy wearing a jersey of a completely unrelated team is even more taboo. I don't know how many times I have to say, "I didn't know were were playing (insert team that we aren't playing) tonight, I thought we were playing (insert team we actually are playing).

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If they can afford a Nash jersey, I assume they can afford other clothes.

Wearing a jersey to a hockey game because you feel like you have to wear something hockey related to a hockey game is how we end of with those head scratchers like people wearing a Blackhawks jersey at a San Jose Sharks/Dallas Stars game.

I don't wear a concert t-shirt to a concert. I don't wear a hockey jersey to a game. (That said, on the very rare occasion, I do wear one to work, but that's, quite honestly, because I'm a grown man and I have a job at which can do it.)

As for other people, you/they all can wear whatever they like. I mean, if people had to correct every wardrobe faux pas to my eyes, there'd be a lot more than just no (whatever-player) jerseys. But that'd be a net loss because no one wants me to the arbiter of taste in haberdashery.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I occasionally wear a hockey jersey (I still have trouble using that word, but my war has long been lost!) to the game. It's sometimes an original away white blank, purchased when they were first offered at (I think) Penney's, and sometimes it's an Italian Olympic Hockey jersey from the Turin games. As for Nash, I'll always pull for him, though I'll hope his heroics come in a losing effort, as they often did here! Fans should still wear his jersey proudly for what he did accomplish here.

I keep wondering what might have happened had Howson not found an acceptable deal with a team on Rick's list. If there is any player who might have just come in and continued to play for a team he'd asked to trade him, it might be Nash. Didn't happen, though, and I'm not unhappy with the return from the Rags.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This is why I never buy a jersey with a player name on it. I generally buy them with no name, or one of my nicknames.

I do have a Nash jersey that was gifted to me. I may throw it up on e-bay and see if any Rangers fans want it. It is one of his western conference all-star jersey replicas.

As far as anyone else wearing Nash jerseys, they can wear what ever the heck they want as far as I am concerned.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I occasionally wear a hockey jersey (I still have trouble using that word, but my war has long been lost!) to the game.

I gave up the same battle. It isn't really a sweater.

Also, FWIW, my daughter has a #10 Russell CBJ dark blue uni. She wears it, and did so to a game against the Blues after the trade.

Of course, K-Russ' behavior/attitude is not at question regarding his ex-Jacket-ness.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
This is why I never buy a jersey with a player name on it. I generally buy them with no name, or one of my nicknames.

I just checked and of the 28 Blue Jackets jerseys I have only 6 have a player on them that is still with the team. I will wear just about everyone of them this season. I know its cliche to say, but what matters to me is the name on the front of the jersey not the back.

Now buying a jersey with your name or nickname on it that's just bad taste. :nod:

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I will never give any home team fan grief for wearing a CBJ jersey to a game, no matter whose name is on the back.
Now if that same person shows up to a Pens/Wings game in the opponent's jersey, then says how they are a CBJ fan....then i will say something.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I will never give any home team fan grief for wearing a CBJ jersey to a game, no matter whose name is on the back.
Now if that same person shows up to a Pens/Wings game in the opponent's jersey, then says how they are a CBJ fan....then i will say something.

I'll never understand this. Despite the jersey they wear, if they say they are a fan, they are a fan.

I spent 3 seasons as a Lake Erie Monsters season ticket holder. I considered myself a fan, knew the players, cheered for them to win.

But 4 times a year, I tossed on my CBJ jersey, and cheered for the Syracuse Crunch when they came to town to beat the Monsters.

I even infamously got into it with a guy in a Browns jersey and his girlfriend in an OSU jersey who couldn't get the irony that I was cheering on AHL'ers that would play in Ohio if they made the NHL, as opposed to Denver.

Was I less of a Monsters fan than the other 400 season ticket holders who cheered the Monsters on for every game? Sure, but that didn't stop me giving them my money, and showing up to 20+ games a season.

Right now the Jackets need all the fans they can get, and all the money the fans can provide. If a few of those fans switch jerseys every now and then, what is the big deal? The team still has their money, and if they say they are fans, and coming to other games they could grow into bigger fans of the team. Something that definitely wouldn't hurt.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'll never understand this. Despite the jersey they wear, if they say they are a fan, they are a fan.

I spent 3 seasons as a Lake Erie Monsters season ticket holder. I considered myself a fan, knew the players, cheered for them to win.

But 4 times a year, I tossed on my CBJ jersey, and cheered for the Syracuse Crunch when they came to town to beat the Monsters.

I even infamously got into it with a guy in a Browns jersey and his girlfriend in an OSU jersey who couldn't get the irony that I was cheering on AHL'ers that would play in Ohio if they made the NHL, as opposed to Denver.

Was I less of a Monsters fan than the other 400 season ticket holders who cheered the Monsters on for every game? Sure, but that didn't stop me giving them my money, and showing up to 20+ games a season.

Right now the Jackets need all the fans they can get, and all the money the fans can provide. If a few of those fans switch jerseys every now and then, what is the big deal? The team still has their money, and if they say they are fans, and coming to other games they could grow into bigger fans of the team. Something that definitely wouldn't hurt.

I never said they weren't allowed in the arena, just that I felt they could not claim to be a Jackets fan while standing there in a Wings jersey. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
I never said they weren't allowed in the arena, just that I felt they could not claim to be a Jackets fan while standing there in a Wings jersey. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

Well watching the game on Saturday I saw a guy in a Wings jersey standing up and cheering when the Jackets scored. I also have a few friends that were born in Michigan and grew up cheering for Detroit but now they live in Columbus and support the Jackets. I don't have a problem with those fans but it kinda funny and unique to hockey where you see so many random jerseys at a given game. I was at a Cinci Cyclones game last year and counted 29 different NHL jerseys (Winnipeg being the only one absent) :laugh:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well watching the game on Saturday I saw a guy in a Wings jersey standing up and cheering when the Jackets scored. I also have a few friends that were born in Michigan and grew up cheering for Detroit but now they live in Columbus and support the Jackets. I don't have a problem with those fans but it kinda funny and unique to hockey where you see so many random jerseys at a given game. I was at a Cinci Cyclones game last year and counted 29 different NHL jerseys (Winnipeg being the only one absent) :laugh:

My son-in-law grew up in Wheeling and was always a big Pittsburgh every team fan. When he moved to Columbus he initially cheered for the Pens the few times they came here to play, but has since become more of a Jackets fan. He will wear his Pens hat with a Jackets jersey to the game, but always cheers for the Jackets.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
I've seen it asked a few times on here: "Why would you not wear a Rick Nash jersey again?" I can answer that for myself: I will never wear a jersey for a player that ASKED to leave my team. I have no problem that he asked, heck, I even respect it because I know he would never win a cup with us. But he still asked to be traded. And I support the Jackets first, not the players. Hence why I still rock my Methot jersey (especially with the classy way he left Columbus).

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Please share your reason. I don't think anybody else has said this in this thread.

I'll probably get a current player's jersey and wear it instead. I'd rather show support for the current roster, even though I still like Nash a lot.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I personally will retire my Nash jersey for this season. But come 13-14 or 14-15, I will put it back into my circulation. I have no ill will towards Nash, but I have many other sweaters to wear. And in a season or two, I'll be proud to wear a vintage Nash.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Good thing nobody in this thread is doing that, then.

Oh TABOO! I thought you meant JOBU... my bad.

Jobu.jpeg

redsrulenc

Feb 5, 2013
Would anyone buy a Rick Nash jersey right now?

I also asked in a different thread if anyone would buy a Steve Mason jersey.

I have a chance at both, online. Trying to keep it cheap. Just want my first Jackets jersey and I dont want it to be 200 bucks. Also, Idk about you guys, I LOVE having the laces up at the neck. Makes it feel like a true hockey jersey to me.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Rick Nash gave us 9 Years of his career and what did we give him back? 1 playoff appearance It was the only fair thing to do for him and I hope NYR turn it around id love to see Nash win one he's still my favorite NHL player.

Thanks!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Would anyone buy a Rick Nash jersey right now?

I also asked in a different thread if anyone would buy a Steve Mason jersey.

I have a chance at both, online. Trying to keep it cheap. Just want my first Jackets jersey and I dont want it to be 200 bucks. Also, Idk about you guys, I LOVE having the laces up at the neck. Makes it feel like a true hockey jersey to me.

I'll be honest, if I was looking for a jersey associated with Jackets past I might try and find a Whitney or Sanderson one. Heck a Knutsen one would rock. I still remember the All-Star one, I wish I had picked that one up. Looked pretty sweet.

I would never buy a Mason jersey.

Edit, how can I forget my second favorite Jacket all-time after Whitney? Sillinger. Nash is like #7.

Last edited:

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
What really grinds my gears is people who wear jerseys to a Jackets game, for teams that are not even playing!! Such as the below on Tuesday . . . . .

PensDouchebagataCBJvsKingsgame_zpse2b4c739.jpg

On Tuesday vs the Kings, I obviously saw CBJ, Kings but I also saw Ducks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Flyers, 4 Pens jerseys all at different times, and a Coyotes jersey.

That's 8 different jerseys!! What are we, the United Nations of the NHL!??

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Simple answer to the OP, hell no!

Nash will always be a part of the CBJ history... when the Jackets finally win the cup he will be mentioned as a past star that was traded; on the wrong team at the right time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad