Should Rick Nash jerseys be "Taboo" inside Nationwide Arena?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
What I posted was not due to OSU hate, but due to the stupid act of a Blue Jackets fan wearing a Red shirt or hat to a Red Wings game.

To add to this I also do not understand "wear a hockey jersey for a NHL team not playing guy". My wife and me play a game each game called "where's the moron in a Pittisburg jersey". We have yet to not find him.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
To add to this I also do not understand wear hockey jersey for a team not playing guy. My wife and me play a game each night called where's the moron in a Pittisburg jersey. We have yet to not find him.

were you the one that called out the kid in teh baby blue jersey saturday??? i laughed when he said he went to the game and still made it to Nationwide for the CBJ game

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I could never understand wearing red to a home game against the
wings. I just always chocked it up to ignorance.

I could never understand wearing a Pens third jersey and scarf to a Blue Jackets - Red Wings game.

EDIT: I see Howitzer had the same experience.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I could never understand wearing a Pens third jersey and scarf to a Blue Jackets - Red Wings game.

EDIT: I see Howitzer had the same experience.

I edited my post. I meant to put red OSU gear.

DaveCBJ

Boom. Outta here.
Jun 27, 2011
I enjoy the "taboo" jerseys and the people that wear them. However, with anything borderline offensive/funny it is always a matter of timing. Will I wear my gameworn Carter jersey? Hell Yes. Will I wear it when the Kings are in town? Hell no.

Big difference.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This raises an excellent point. and makes me ask a question for you all.

Say Scott Howson is fired in July 2011. The 2011-12 season still goes as badly under the new GM as it did under Howson and Nash still requests out in January.

Does the changing of the "Nash v. Howson" angle to Nash "not wanting to be part of the rebuild" change your opinions of him? Is their some real vitriol among Jackets fans or is it still the same "can't blame him for leaving" feeling?

My present conclusion is that "Nash versus Howson" is a ludicrous conspiracy theory invented by folks who were hurt by the trade request and decided to try and foist blame for it on someone they already hated.

So, no, that wouldn't change my opinion on the matter in the least. :D

* * *​
So true, couldn't count how many red OSU shirts I saw during the Red Wings game.

I find that incredibly offensive both as a CBJ and as a Buckeyes fan. I love the Buckeyes as much as anybody, but that's just massive cluelessness. There's gray Buckeye shirts too, guys; if you can't actually bother to bring yourselves to support the Jackets any further, you can at least ****ing wear THOSE when That Other Michigan Team is in town. ****ing disrespectful dumbasses. :shakehead

(And yes, I get that, at least for the folks who aren't Wings fans, it's supposed to be a "no, red is OUR color" statement. Newsflash, morons: IT DOESN'T ****ING WORK THAT WAY.)

* * *​
That also completely ignores the general jackassery and know-nothing nature of huge numbers of OSU fans, who have this idea that anything that isn't scarlet and gray needs to be crushed as quickly as possible.

When I take over the world, such blatant idiotic insecurity will be punishable by death.

(Y'all think I get testy with fellow Jackets fans sometimes? Sometimes it can get annoying, but that's nothing compared to the wastes of skin that masquerade as "fellow" "Buckeye" "fans". Gahh. SO MUCH HATE)

* * *​
To add to this I also do not understand "wear a hockey jersey for a NHL team not playing guy". My wife and me play a game each game called "where's the moron in a Pittisburg jersey". We have yet to not find him.

I admit to doing something like this during my visits at Bridgestone Arena on each New Year's Weekend (technically, a CBJ t-shirt, not a jersey; no numbers or anything), but that's more out of a perverse desire to remind folks that the Blue Jackets do still in fact exist and have fans. To do that with a team that actually gets regular mainstream attention of types beyond "they suck and nobody likes them; relocate or contract 'em" strikes me as kind of gauche.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He's always going to be a favorite player of mine (even considering his new team :().. although I won't wear his jersey anymore, I won't mind at all if others do. I appreciate what he did for hockey in Columbus. Seemed like a genuinely good dude.

Don't know how much my input means on this. But now you have it!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
i'm almost thinking about wearing either the Philly or LA one now...i get the hate for him...but whatever at this point...

Why not wear it? If you like the guy, so be it. I doubt you'd get more than a side comment or two. My offer still stands:)

TrueBlueJacket

Jan 12, 2011
More power to you:laugh::laugh:

I'll buy it for 15 bucks. I need a new cat pan liner.

Haha yes this.

Nash jerseys should be pinned up on the wall at best. I wear jerseys of guys that wanna be here, and are here for that matter. The carter jersey, game worn or not, should be burned or pissed on bro.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
I look forward to the day where I can where my Nash jersey to a home game. He's still one of my favorite players but I just can't where it yet.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
He's always going to be a favorite player of mine (even considering his new team :().. although I won't wear his jersey anymore, I won't mind at all if others do. I appreciate what he did for hockey in Columbus. Seemed like a genuinely good dude.

Don't know how much my input means on this. But now you have it!

Please share your reason. I don't think anybody else has said this in this thread.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
My Nash is just gonna go up on the wall eventually...if I can ever get my Carters all signed they will as well...

redsfanhere*

Jun 9, 2011
what if some people can only afford 1 jersey in their life and it is a jersey that was very popular at that time. who would be the foolish person then the guy wearing that jersey trying to represent his team or the idiot that commented why are you wearing that for.. becareful what you think of people and just be thankful that they were there to see a game at nationwide arena and representing our team...

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If they can afford a Nash jersey, I assume they can afford other clothes.

Wearing a jersey to a hockey game because you feel like you have to wear something hockey related to a hockey game is how we end of with those head scratchers like people wearing a Blackhawks jersey at a San Jose Sharks/Dallas Stars game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if that's your reason to wear it, then say so...that's the purpose (as i take it) of where this thread has gone...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad