Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He clearly lets up on it and lowers the swing at the end. If he wanted to slash Reilly, I'm sure he could have.

Let's up? Lowers the swing? As if swinging your stick like that is allowed with any sort of explanation that he "lowered it".

"The hit only gave the other player a bruised back, he could have paralysed him if he really wanted to" I'd love to see this as an explanation

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
At the very least the refs should have penalised him. However, he only got one penalty in the entire game!!! Horrible reffing! That sends a message to Marchand that cheap shots are permitted.

The penalty he got was the offsetting on with Rielly on the slashing play. It was pretty poor officiating.

Offside, Marchand shot the puck late. Ostensibly he didn’t hear the whistle, but we all know he did. Rielly gives him that light shove and Marchand turns around to try to two hand him. Ref suddenly decides both should get penalties.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I don't think he deserves a suspension for any of those. Butt ending Anderson in the head probably deserves a pretty stern talking to from the DoPS and the refs getting briefed on it beforehand. To be honest though, I'd rather that Polak feed him his teeth and get a standing O for it.

Reactions: Auston Marlander

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Marchand has clearly set up residence in Leaf fans heads. I can imagine how anyone could think any of them are remotely suspendable.

'Attempted slash' isn't a thing. And "knee to ankle" when a player loses an edge and slide into another player? Really?

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
Marchand has clearly set up residence in Leaf fans heads. I can imagine how anyone could think any of them are remotely suspendable.

'Attempted slash' isn't a thing. And "knee to ankle" when a player loses an edge and slide into another player? Really?
too many player ‘loose an edge’ end up caught in player from the back to my taste, and player like marchand shouldn’t have the benefit of the doubt when he play dirty all game

Reactions: Mbraunm

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Oh good lord...... this thread takes the cake. But it’s Marchand so it’ll hit 500 posts or so.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
OP is stretching big time on all of these examples, all of them are nothing plays.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Punching a goalie in the head?

I don't tho m he gets anything, but he needs to be in the box a whole lot more. He is a cheapshot artist, hard stop.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
No way they give a suspension for any of that, but a few of those plays certainly should have gotten him 2 mins in the box. The league seems like it decided it wanted to stop giving PP opportunities to both teams last night, and I'm fine as long as they continue to not call it both ways. Bruins and Leafs both got away with a few last night.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Leafs fan but 0 games.

I have no doubt that he intentionally butt ended Andersen and that he did his usual "accidental" fall to take a guy out but the slash on Reilly didn't really connect.

It all adds up to him being pretty scummy but on their own none of it is worthy of suspension and the league has never suspended a guy for a an accumulation of shitty small things.

Had the slash connected and Rielly had been hurt or something we would have a real conversation.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The collision with Johnson was definitely accidental. The others don't warrant a suspension but just more to put in the folder of "Marchand is kind of a big nosed jerk."

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Perfect illustration of the Marchand effect

Plekanec crosschecks him four times and gets him in the back of the head - he pushes off on Anderson and people start a thread about Marchand getting a suspension. He gets 2 minutes for slashing and it’s a thread about suspending him. He falls down and it’s a thread about suspending him.

Can you imagine if he came in on someone with all knees and elbows?

It’d be 50 pages before noon

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Perfect illustration of the Marchand effect

Plekanec crosschecks him four times and gets him in the back of the head - he pushes off on Anderson and people start a thread about Marchand getting a suspension. He gets 2 minutes for slashing and it’s a thread about suspending him. He falls down and it’s a thread about suspending him.

Can you imagine if he came in on someone with all knees and elbows?

It’d be 50 pages before noon

The fact you think that hit is anything but clean is a joke. He was lined up and jumped out of the way.

That said I wish the hard part of humans elbow go him right in the face taking out several teeth and putting his nose to the side of his face. He deserves everything that's coming to him

Reactions: dkhockey

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Oh good lord...... this thread takes the cake. But it’s Marchand so it’ll hit 500 posts or so.
the guy is a pos. how can you defend a guy who is always playing dirty. Always looking for sneaky ways to hurt players. If he does it again I want to see Polak stomp on his ankle so hard his foot comes off.

Reactions: dkhockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad