Should Marchand be suspended?

How many games would you suspend him for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Honestly, and it really pains me to say this...

Marchand is one of the smartest players in the NHL. He has gotten under the skin of the entire Toronto team, including their fans. In a 7 games series he will continue to toy with them and the closer Toronto gets to being eliminated the more effective his antics will become.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Julie Andrew's called. She's worried about some of you. She advises:

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
These are a few of my favorite things

I see a big hit
And a stick swings
And now I'm feeling sad
I must simply remember my favorite things
And then I won’t feel so bad

Reactions: stl76

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Marchand is the best at making dirty plays look legit. The guy is such a douche. He will get what’s coming to him sooner or later.

Marchand is one of the smartest players in the NHL. He has gotten under the skin of the entire Toronto team, including their fans. In a 7 games series he will continue to toy with them and the closer Toronto gets to being eliminated the more effective his antics will become.

Is that the reason why he was completely a non factor last night and was more interested in going after Plekanec than playing hockey?

A 38 year old veteran, Plekanec and a 20 year old winger shut them down.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Marchand has clearly set up residence in Leaf fans heads. I can imagine how anyone could think any of them are remotely suspendable.

'Attempted slash' isn't a thing. And "knee to ankle" when a player loses an edge and slide into another player? Really?
which is fine given that they way he was running around like an idiot means the leafs are in his head!!! and his linemates for tgat matter. pasta cried the whole night.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Marchand is the best at making dirty plays look legit. The guy is such a *****e. He will get what’s coming to him sooner or later.

Is that the reason why he was completely a non factor last night and was more interested in going after Plekanec than playing hockey?

yeah i don't get Bruins fans right now. the leafs owned that line last night, and have marchand playing like he's gonna get suspended any minute. he's gonna cost the Bruins games and somehow they think he's in the leafs heads.

the refs aren't stupid. they see the game tapes just like everyone else and they're going to be watching him closely.

my guess he gets at least 2 calls next game. one of them very early.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Marchand is the best at making dirty plays look legit. The guy is such a *****e. He will get what’s coming to him sooner or later.

No player is dominant every single game - but these antics are going to pay off throughout the series. You would be ignorant to say they wont. And I am no Marchand fan.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
No player is dominant every single game - but these antics are going to pay off throughout the series. You would be ignorant to say they wont. And I am no Marchand fan.
they're going to pay off for who???

how much you want to bet marchand gets called for at least 2 penalties next game?

the leafs need to just keep knocking that line around. bergeron and pasta are soft. pasta is easily thrown off his game. and marchand gets unravelled and will end up taking stupid penalties, at Best. at worst, suspended.

it's the best thing the leafs can do. keep knocking him until he blows.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Suspend him for as little as the whole series to as high as the next two rounds, I wouldn't tolerate this if he were on my team. I know he's a MUCH better player than this.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I don't think he should be suspended for any of that, unfortunately.

Guy is a POS though, and after playing him for 3 games straight I don't think I've ever seen a player stick out their elbow so often. It's crazy because if you just watch him on every shift you'll see him toe the line almost every f***ing time.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Of all the dirty rotten vile despicable no-good lowdown horrendous slimy loathsome things that Marchand has committed in his career...these barely even rank.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Julie Andrew's called. She's worried about some of you. She advises:

Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
These are a few of my favorite things

I see a big hit
And a stick swings
And now I'm feeling sad
I must simply remember my favorite things
And then I won’t feel so bad

Bette Midler called. She said f*** the Bruins.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

Lol. I guess Plekanec is Gretzky then because he got under the skin of the Bruins players way more than Marchand has

joujou

Jul 23, 2017
Cry_Me_A_River.gif

Reactions: BruinLVGA

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
The only person that should be suspended from last nights game is whichever one of the four officials guessed on the over the glass call. Unfortunately we know the NHLOL will not say who did it, make a statement or hold an official accountable for the call

Reactions: BruinLVGA

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
they're going to pay off for who???

how much you want to bet marchand gets called for at least 2 penalties next game?

the leafs need to just keep knocking that line around. bergeron and pasta are soft. pasta is easily thrown off his game. and marchand gets unravelled and will end up taking stupid penalties, at Best. at worst, suspended.

it's the best thing the leafs can do. keep knocking him until he blows.

Its not always the penalties that he will draw, but the extra physicality. He knows how to handle it like no other player in the league. Defensemen will take extra runs at him along the boards, and it only opens more room for his line.

One game of him being quiet doesnt change that he was a top 5 forward this season. Marchand is an extremely effective forward and when things get chippy he only gets better.

None of the plays in the OP were suspendable. Heck I would say maybe 2 were actually penalties. But fans will post every little thing he does and I have no doubt Marchand eats that stuff up

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
And now we all know why fighting exists in hockey. As it continues to die down though, players like Marchand will continue to do what they want with zero repercussions.

Reactions: marty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad