Should Lazar Go to the WJC?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At this point it's a no brainer to send him down for the world juniors. Kid hasn't sniffed a scoring chance in 10+ games, let alone gotten close to scoring his first goal.

Rare case of a young player not ready for the NHL in regards to his offensive game - specifically his hands, passing ability and overall talent level - instead of the usual case where a prospect needs defensive seasoning. Not sure if that's good for us going forward or not, but regardless, there is still development that needs to happen for the kid to be an effective pro.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
At this point it's a no brainer to send him down for the world juniors. Kid hasn't sniffed a scoring chance in 10+ games, let alone gotten close to scoring his first goal.

Rare case of a young player not ready for the NHL in regards to his offensive game - specifically his hands, passing ability and overall talent level - instead of the usual case where a prospect needs defensive seasoning. Not sure if that's good for us going forward or not, but regardless, there is still development that needs to happen for the kid to be an effective pro.

I'm not sure it's so much of a skill development thing than a confidence thing. Have a couple chips fall the right way and all of a sudden it's a different player. And that said, skills do develop while a player is in the NHL, practicing with pros, etc.

But ya, the longer it goes on where much isn't progressing, there's no harm in buying time junior.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Very few people expect him to become a point getter in the NHL

I think he'll top out as an elite third line centre/solid second line centre

He's performed as expected as far as I'm concerned

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Very few people expect him to become a point getter in the NHL

I think he'll top out as an elite third line centre/solid second line centre

He's performed as expected as far as I'm concerned

A Mike Fisher type. :)

That's what im hoping for anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad