• Yes

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 39 44.3%

• Total voters

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I doubt there is a market for Kassian. Last year, maybe, but this year he hasn't been that good. Factor in his past, and teams are going to be reluctant to take on his salary cap.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Ideally kass goes but if not trade Foegele. One of them has to go for cap.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I think there would be teams interested in Kassian. We may get something back rather than giving up something to dump or buy out.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ideally kass goes but if not trade Foegele. One of them has to go for cap.
Of the two Kass at least bangs, occasionally fights. A season in and playoffs, and I'm still not sure what Foegele does. He's somebody that will forecheck hard 2-3 shifts in a game, get some kind of chance, muff it, and you never see him again except running around in his own end. Foegele GA considering he gets the easiest opposition its possible to give him in the NHL is pathetic.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Of the two Kass at least bangs, occasionally fights. A season in and playoffs, and I'm still not sure what Foegele does. He's somebody that will forecheck hard 2-3 shifts in a game, get some kind of chance, muff it, and you never see him again except running around in his own end. Foegele GA considering he gets the easiest opposition its possible to give him in the NHL is pathetic.

Have you seen Kassian's numbers?

Reactions: Macheteops

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Reaves need to start gooning it up, so some dumb GM out east thinks they need to add toughness and trades for Kass.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
To SEA: Kassian, Barrie, Savoie, 29th OA

To EDM: Soucy

Why Oil do it: Clear 4.95 mil in cap space and get a D man that’s a better fit for what we need than Barrie (improvement defensively and could be a good partner for Bouch).

Why Kraken do it: Prospect pool started from scratch just last year. They get assets for taking on some money/roster spots, but those players could both be flipped for additional assets in their final year if retained.

Reactions: Mr Positive

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We should be trading an asset for someone to eat the contract, but if forced into only the options of keep or buy-out, I would buy him out.

We need the cap space really badly and we are in a window where we should be striving to be competitive as possible (within reason).
This is the right way to proceed . I like to add we could retain as much as the buyout would cost us and be done with his contract in 2 years rather than 4 .

Truthfully I am more concern about Nurse contact at present . He is just starting his new deal next year at 9.25 for 8 year and Ceci has been a better defence man in these playoffs .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad