Post-Game Talk: Should have traded for more D instead.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really unfortunate we couldn't lay a beatdown and take advantage of an Anaheim team that traded away a batch of their players, and were playing without their #1 dman for the majority of the game.
But I was a bit fearful of Adam Henrique, as he's been one of the hottest players in the league the last couple weeks or so. And Gibson is still a very good goalie.

Hopefully, gassing this one doesn't affect our final standing when all the cards have been played.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
1 regulation loss in 15 games tells me you are wrong. Wins and losses are all that matters this late in the season period. Smith has been lights out since Jan 1 tell me I’m wrong.

Lol lights out? Winning games 5-4 doesnt scream goaltending strength

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Lol lights out? Winning games 5-4 doesnt scream goaltending strength
Doesn't scream losing though.

I think Dominick Hasek said it, "I only have to make one more save then the other guy"

Numbers are great, and generally a good way to measure players, but you still just need to win games. If you give up 4 and your team gets 5, you won.

Reactions: WaitingForUser

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Really doesn't matter what the line up is. If they don't play with effort, urgency, defence first mindset, mental sharpness and attention to details that line up will lose to any team in the league.
That kind of goes without saying doesn’t it? TB just lost to Toronto, Boston to Calgary...etc

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That kind of goes without saying doesn’t it? TB just lost to Toronto, Boston to Calgary...etc

Is that by mistake? I think Tampa and Boston are tank battling now to try to face the Leafs in round 1 :) Don't want to be upset by a Metro team in the first round.

Reactions: Faelko

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Anaheim took Vegas in overtime their previous game so there's no easy teams... ever.
doesn't excuse the Oilers from a pathetic showing in the first period.
Oilers didn't lose because of ANA but because they were not ready to play. The lineup for the Rise of Resistance ride must have tired them out.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
doesn't excuse the Oilers from a pathetic showing in the first period.
Oilers didn't lose because of ANA but because they were not ready to play. The lineup for the Rise of Resistance ride must have tired them out.
Agreed, they played horrible in the first period. Looked disjointed.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Totally, the Ducks have just been great this year, which is why they're absolutely battling for the playoffs.
What did you expect Eakins to do with that washed lineup. Getzlaf is done. Perry and Kesler left with no gas left in the tank. Their prospect pool sucks. They lost Theodore to vegas, traded vatanen. The list goes on. Not sure why there are so many oiler fans hoping the worst for their franchise. We went through the same crap for over a decade. It is sad that the fanbase here is mocking a team like the ducks where these is no more kesler, bieksa and Perry. Getzlaf is having his career sewered to the depths of the pacific ocean like jumbo joe. The ducks should be the least of our concerns going forward. Personally, whatever happens to that franchise for the next 5 yrs should not concern us anymore. There is practically nothing to hate on that team. Good luck to Eakins and the ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad