Should Crosby Retire?

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
So then where are your threads about all the other current players who have suffered multiple concussions?

I can edit the title if you wish, but this was directed @ Crosby and I'm sure other players names have been mentioned (as they have).

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
2 or 3 known I think. And it's believed he played in the 2012 playoffs before his symptoms completely went away.

For how many games? Doesn't seem as bad as Crosby if it's only 2 or 3. Crosby has missed almost 2 seasons with various injures, most notable are his concussions. He also went face first into the end-boards today... I would be gutted if he retired, hes the best player currently and for a while going forward. But, the fans are less important than your future, especially when you have won everything there is to win...Surely you can agree?

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
At this rate he isn't going to just get a career-ending injury but get the kind of injury that would affect him for the rest of his life.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
He wouldnt be playing if he was concussed.

Eh players that have had a concussion return to action sooner then they should (and teams let them) ALL THE TIME. That's not to say that Sid returned too early today; rather there's no way to tell.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Clearly this should be closed if you aren't a doctor, right? Opinions aren't allowed around here.

Tbh, IDK. He doesn't have anything else to prove, but if he retires now he isn't top 10 all time.

he is to people that realize hockey players today are a billion times better than pre 1980

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
he is to people that realize hockey players today are a billion times better than pre 1980

My breath is fine thanks. In reality he isn't, QoC is a thing, players back then all worked with the same information/equipment as each other. Players today also do likewise in their era. He can't reasonably be put ahead of guys that had entire careers, when he only played half a career.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
How about with todays goaltending?

much worse

LOL? If they came up through junior they would be used to the goal tending, they would be used to the training regiments, they would be used to the competition. Gretzky would likely destroy everyone inn this league, like he did in the past. Same with Mario.

Think Dominik Hasek would be worse these days? or Better?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Clearly this should be closed if you aren't a doctor, right? Opinions aren't allowed around here.

Tbh, IDK. He doesn't have anything else to prove, but if he retires now he isn't top 10 all time.

Anyone can find enough on google to sound like a doctor. Unless you are Sid´s doctor and know everything about his health, its pure speculation no matter if he is a doctor or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad