Should Chia "leak" a trade rumour?

Aceonfire*

We saw with Matt Duchene that after his name was brought up, he started to give a ****. He had the best November for an Avs player in a long time.

Should Chia intentionally leak names like RNH and Eberle to get a spark going?

It could potentially get them to play better. Or it could be an added distraction that further derails this season. (Nothing to lose anyways..)

The other positive is that it could get teams throwing out offers. No reason to make a panic trade but why not listen?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Eberle and RNH don't have enough heart to care if they get traded. I'd they had heart watching Hall and Drai play their hearts out daily should be enough

Oct 15, 2008
I would hope he would conduct his affairs like a man and a professional, and not as a passive aggressive jerk.

Aceonfire*

I would hope he would conduct his affairs like a man and a professional, and not as a passive aggressive jerk.

Oh you mean like Burke?

Yah that's working so well for Calgary..

This fanbase has gotten so bitter. It's ridiculous.

Oct 15, 2008
Oh you mean like Burke?

Yah that's working so well for Calgary..

This fanbase has gotten so bitter. It's ridiculous.

No. I mean like a grown up. I would hope he keeps stuff in house and out of the media. I would hope he communicates effectively with the players, their agents and the coaching staff. If he then decides to make a move I hope we don't hear about it until the deal is done.

These things haven't been how things have been run with previous management but I would hope that is how current management conducts themselves. Don't know, don't care about Burke or what he does or doesn't do. Not a Flames fan.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I guess it might spark them to play better and showcase themselves in hopes of getting traded from this dumpster fire.

oh hell ya if i knew i was being looked at by any other team id be busting my back so hard please take me please take me please take me

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
No. I mean like a grown up. I would hope he keeps stuff in house and out of the media. I would hope he communicates effectively with the players, their agents and the coaching staff. If he then decides to make a move I hope we don't hear about it until the deal is done.

These things haven't been how things have been run with previous management but I would hope that is how current management conducts themselves. Don't know, don't care about Burke or what he does or doesn't do. Not a Flames fan.

Agreed IATL. So far, so good with this new management group (IMHO). It's nice to hear your GM or your coach speak to the media without knowing you're going to hear a face-palm moment...

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Eberle and RNH don't have enough heart to care if they get traded. I'd they had heart watching Hall and Drai play their hearts out daily should be enough

Eberle has never played with heart going back to his days with the Pats. He built a clutch image on being in the right place at the right time in the WJHC. I still think Eberle is one of the most skilled RW's in the game today but he plays on a team where 90% of the players have no heart.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Depends on numbers.

I would think more teams would support the league, so long as they succeed.

Well the league as it is... It's basically just the Hawks and Kings with drummed up rivalries between teams that have about as much history as the Hurricanes and Wild.

The NHL is so terribly run it's not even funny.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed IATL. So far, so good with this new management group (IMHO). It's nice to hear your GM or your coach speak to the media without knowing you're going to hear a face-palm moment...

Or to hear your GM speak without showing his entire hand to anyone that cares to see it. MacT shot himself in the foot so many times...

Aceonfire*

Unless it's Johansen, Seth Jones, Brodin etc.. I say we keep RNH.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
obvious choice would be rnh since they have mcdavid and draisital as 1 2

Depends on the return.

If we could get a return like Spurgeon and Coyle from the Wild, I'd probably do it. I don't think we can trade RNH without a center coming back, though, and I'm still scared to death of piling tough assignments on McDavid and Drai.

'Stop throwing the kids to the wolves!, that's how we ruined Gagner/Nilsson/Peckham etc etc etc...'

*trades our only center with any NHL experience not named Letestu*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad