Proposal: Should Buffalo Go After Kadri This Summer ?

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
How about this?

I wouldn’t take Kadri for free. He’d need a sweetener. Sure he’s had a good but not great year which is not nearly as good as his last year with the Avs.

I’ll put it another way. If he were a UFA who would give him a new contract worth $7M x 5 yrs with him turning 34 years old at the start of next season?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'd say no. He's playing very well now and his contract is overall a good deal. But he's got another five years left on it and will be in his late 30s by the time it's over.

I'm also not sure the Flames would want to trade him. They'll likely be rebuilding with younger players and having someone like Kadri around to learn from wouldn't hurt. They also need contracts that will keep them at the cap floor.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd be open to moving Kadri. I'd imagine he'd be open to it too. I see a player fit, bit not an age one with Buffalo. He would make more sense for the Bruins or another team with a very short window. Buffalo needs some vets for sure, just not with as much term as Kadri has. Coleman would be a good target for them.

Reactions: Irie

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Go after as in acquire or go after as in with spears, crossbows, and tracking dogs??

Reality is, the Sabres need new ownership…Pegula prioritizes the Bills over the Sabres and it definitely shows.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Go after as in acquire or go after as in with spears, crossbows, and tracking dogs??

Reality is, the Sabres need new ownership…Pegula prioritizes the Bills over the Sabres and it definitely shows.
Not really. He did the same thing with the bills but it worked out. Hired inexperienced GM and head coach.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I think the Sabres need a bit of a culture shock as far as their leadership goes........Guys like Granato , Oksposo and Skinner need to be gone and they need more attitude and more of an edge...Guys like Kadri and Evason should be the type of people they target.......

Calgary on the other hand should just fully commit to the rebuild and look to move as many of these veterans as they can......I mean why keep playing for 9th and 10th place every year ? Just a terrible spot to be in...........Buffalo can get them to take Skinner to make the money work and give them some futures as well to help along Calgary's rebuild...........Calgary can eventually flip Skinner for futures at some point too.....They might have to take somebody's dead weight back in return to make the money work but so what ? You have to meet the floor anyway and the futures would help the rebuild even more.......
Doesn't Okposo play for Florida?

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Doesn't Okposo play for Florida?
Yeah i was aware of that when i typed it ........Wanted to still mention him because he was the captain for most of the year....And like i said earlier in the thread, they need new leadership.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad