Should Alzner be condemned for his words?

Should we condemn Alzner?

• Yes. He shouldn't have said it.

• No. He had the right to say that.

Results are only viewable after voting.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Why syhould he be condemned? Even if you disagreed there's nothing really harmful in what he said. Also, it's not his fault Bergevin didn't sign Markov or Radulov.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Alzner was a warrior in DC but his body is just broken and he's only going to get worse. He was absolutely awful his last year in Washington and was a big reason they couldn't get past Pittsburgh that season. I loved Crazy Karl but was happy to see him go and knew that whoever signed him to that deal would instantly regret it.

That said, I thought of him the night the Caps won the Cup. I thought of him, and Brooks Laich, and Mike Green, and Marcus Johansson, and all of the other tenured guys from the Young Guns era who kept coming up short. I imagine they're feeling a bunch of mixed emotions.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not the greatest options. Yes, he had a right to say it, but also yes, it was still a dumb thing to say. :dunno:

Does he required being "condemned"? Certainly not. No single person on the planet is going to feel worse about those quotes than Karl Alzner, in one way or another.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Can we blame him?After the Caps won the Cup Orpik even said that regardless of how dominant where in the regular season the whole team just didn’t care to win as much come playoff time. I can’t blame him, he thought it was gonna be the same story again(good regular season team bad playoff team)..

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Players often try to sound confident in their signing choice. They always make it sound like they went to the better team. He was too brazen with his remarks though and it just so happen to blow up in his face big time. His stupidity is enough punishment

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
LOLzner said what he said to say to satisfy his new sugar daddy Papa Bargainbin and to try to sell the idea to the fans that A) He was in a way, shape or form a useful d-man that could help the Habs win and B) That the Habs were/are not a tire-fire of a team. His nickname LOLzner is well deserved in this case, both on and off the ice, and I think his performance combined with the reemergence of this comment is punishment enough for the poor (rich) sap.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd suggest his contracted tenure in Montreal already qualifies as a condemnation

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Can we blame him?After the Caps won the Cup Orpik even said that regardless of how dominant where in the regular season the whole team just didn’t care to win as much come playoff time. I can’t blame him, he thought it was gonna be the same story again(good regular season team bad playoff team)..

I don't think that was what Orpik was saying, I'm pretty sure it was that winning didn't bring them any joy anymore on its own having not won it all. I could be wrong tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad