Should Alzner be condemned for his words?

Should we condemn Alzner?

• Yes. He shouldn't have said it.

• No. He had the right to say that.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kempny >> Alzner
Djoos > Alzner

you might've been part of the problem bud.

he ate minutes and was pretty reliable but not a great player or someone who drove the play or tempo, often getting caved in when he was out there.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
In Alzner’s mind he was such a key piece that the window was closed because he left. And I’m still glad he said it because I like when guys say provocative things. And I hope the Caps don’t resign Kempny and find another guy on the street in February for Carlson to make look good if Bowey doesn’t shine.

Reactions: Weast

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
giphy.gif

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Despite their playoff " Failures", Washington has/had been more of a contender than Montreal. His words made no sense. Would you rather play for a mediocre, and average team? OR a team with better talent?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
LOLzner said what he said to say to satisfy his new sugar daddy Papa Bargainbin and to try to sell the idea to the fans that A) He was in a way, shape or form a useful d-man that could help the Habs win and B) That the Habs were/are not a tire-fire of a team. His nickname LOLzner is well deserved in this case, both on and off the ice, and I think his performance combined with the reemergence of this comment is punishment enough for the poor (rich) sap.

Come on now. Alzner is a very good guy, and I'm thankful for him. The injuries he played through over the years are insane and took a huge toll on him. He gave his all for the Caps, and I don't blame him for having been frustrated by the team's failures. Moving on was the best thing to do for both parties.

Reactions: Ivan13

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
At the time, who thought the Caps would get it done?
The Caps have been one of the most successful teams over the past decade or so, it was only an absurd anomaly that they hadn't progressed beyond the second round. Anyone who hasn't considered them a contender basically every year was just buying into the same dumb, media-driven "Team X can't win" narratives that Washington just dispelled (even though the Red Wings did the same thing.... what, two and a half decades ago now? I guess we just needed a reminder that a few years of post-season disappointment doesn't mean a team or particular player is somehow "incapable of winning")

Like.... if you're good enough to be a top team in the league over several years, you're clearly good enough to win 16 of a possible 28 games against those very same teams if the chips fall your way.

Last edited:

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Alzner is a good guy, he's also very honest and frank. I don't fault him for saying that although is looks a bit silly a year later.

So glad the Caps didn't resign him. We could all see his game had declined from injuries. Oh well one teams loss is another teams treasure. Or something like that.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't see the need to condemn him - his actions have done that for himself. And while I appreciate athletes speaking outside of clichés and generalities, it's never good form to slam your former team in any context or degree.

Reactions: ehhedler

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Oh heavens no can you imagine how he would feel if people here vote to "condemn" him?!

Lolwtf

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Come on now. Alzner is a very good guy, and I'm thankful for him. The injuries he played through over the years are insane and took a huge toll on him. He gave his all for the Caps, and I don't blame him for having been frustrated by the team's failures. Moving on was the best thing to do for both parties.
He might be a good guy but he sucked worse than post-Lucic Komisarek this past year and many people saw it coming since he was not very good last year in Washington either. Not blaming him really, that's more on Bergevin, but his contract is one of the worst in the league in terms of what he provides at this point (5-6D/AHL level play).

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
His future career as a scout or GM goes to toilet with this statement as he basically thought Habs are close to winning and Capitals window had closed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad