Should Alzner be condemned for his words?

Should we condemn Alzner?

• Yes. He shouldn't have said it.

• No. He had the right to say that.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think it was OK saying that about Washington. But his IQ must be very low if he actually thought he'd have a better chance of winning with Habs. That's just embarrassing, honestly.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
What he should've said was "I wanted to stay with the Caps but they no longer saw a need for me. Montreal sucks. I can't imagine playing a playoff game again in my career. Thank god I now get an extra month off in the spring. This team is a smouldering pile of cow dung.
But they offered me a stupid contract and I couldn't say no."

Would that have been better?

Reactions: XYZ

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
He shouldn't be criticized for saying that about the Caps, he was right at the time. Hindsight doesn't really apply. What he does deserve criticism for is saying that but then signing with the Habs because that makes no sense. Of course, there's no doubt that money was his biggest motivator so I don't know why he felt the need to say that.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
He had the right to say it. Now whether it was a smart thing to say is another story

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
He shouldn’t be condemned. Having to watch his old team win the cup while playing on arguably the most directionless team in the league is punishment enough.

Jun 15, 2007
Am I supposed to care that a guy that sucks at hockey decides to suck for another team instead of mine?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Condemn, no. Make lots of fun of, yes.

Even with the Caps prior history of choking, thinking he had a better chance of winning on the Canadiens than the Caps is hilarious.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
He should feel lucky, he did not say Jehova, cuz then we would need to stone him...
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Leonhard Euler

member 157595

He didn't go to Montreal because he wanted to win, he went because they gave him the best overall job offer.

There's not a single thing wrong with that and he doesn't have to apologize for anything. In fact, he should have been able to simply say that he picked the best job offer, but people are hypocrites.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 2 for me. I believe going into this season I had the Caps taking a step back and Montreal being improved by signing Alzner. So at the time Alzner's comments were on the money.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I came here expecting to see some borderline offensive comment, not a quote of a free agent praising new team...

New Poll...

Dumbest Poll ever?

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Condemn? WTF?
He can be laughed at sure. But why would you condemn him? I really question where are we headed, attitude like this is being more prevalent in all walks of life and it's worrying.

Reactions: kabidjan18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad