Post-Game Talk: Shootout Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I wasn't really expecting Holland to do much in the way of selling at the deadline, so I welcome these fun wins.

We will still probably miss and get a chance at a high lottery pick, but I won't hate these games. Especially against those Boston sons of guns.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No, they're not. They don't just get to mail in half the season and walk away unscathed.

The Atlantic is god awful. Any one of these teams could go in a deep losing streak. The Red Wings are getting some bodies back Abdelkader's presence has been noticeable. Tatar and Nyquist seem to be heating back up a bit. If they can just get some consistent goaltending they'll be in the mix right up until the end.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Never liked the shootout (esp with wings being bad for years at them) but with all the weapons now its riduclous and more enjoyable to watch.

AA, Vanek, Nielson wow!

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I understand why Glendening is on for the faceoff at the end of OT on the power play, but I really wish coach would put somebody with more skill on the ice in such a situation instead...
On a positive, bet my friend $50 the wings would comeback from down 3:handclap::handclap::handclap:

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Down 3 goals, twice. Feel bad for Coreau having to deal with the Cluster Foxtrot that was the first 10 minutes. But, yay win!

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
Mrazek is on an unbelievable bad streak with deflections lately.. I don't think I've ever seen this many in such a short timespan. Anyway he was sharp tonight.

This is the kind of win that could turn a season around... or just be the tease that I think it is.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mrazek is on an unbelievable bad streak with deflections lately.. I don't think I've ever seen this many in such a short timespan. Anyway he was sharp tonight.

This is the kind of win that could turn a season around... or just be the tease that I think it is.

I really don't think I have either.

That said Mrazek wasn't great tonight, but he was good. And that's a great start for him.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Two Atlantic powerhouses of mediocrity colliding, hold onto your socks! Fun game after that dreadful first. Now if they find a way to care before going down a goal or three, I'd be a little less skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad