SHL 2020-2021

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What ever happend to Oscar Möller? He regressed very fast. Was expecting him to be a top level euro-league player for many years.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
What ever happend to Oscar Möller? He regressed very fast. Was expecting him to be a top level euro-league player for many years.

Did he?
He’s not having a great season, but he’s been solid for many years. Of course, his team’s regressed quite a bit.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Any update on playoffs? When do they start?

If I’ve understood it correctly, the plan is for the play-in (7-10th placed teams playing best of 3 series for the last two quarterfinal berths) to start the 5th of April, and the quarterfinals to commence April 10th.

The quarterfinals and the finals will be best of 7, with the semifinals being shortened to best of 5.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Weird that there is no NHL-Rumors about Juhani Tyrväinen. Guy is an absolute machine, would be a very good 4th liner in NHL. He is 30 sure, but he has the body-type to be in his prime for a long time.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wow...Linus Videll back in SHL. Signed with Djurgården. Videll is probaly the most underated swede....he had 10 good years in KHL.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I just noticed something kinda funny. Two players traded for each other in the "NHL" play together on Brynäs, do you know which two? :D

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Weird that there is no NHL-Rumors about Juhani Tyrväinen. Guy is an absolute machine, would be a very good 4th liner in NHL. He is 30 sure, but he has the body-type to be in his prime for a long time.

You posted this over a month ago, but as a Luleå fan I sure hope he stays.

I read an article today where Luleå’s CEO was talking about an unnamed player who’s being chased by NHL teams, and the uncertainties of the next season being dragged out by the NHL season going deeper into the summer. I think the article stated that SHL teams would not know for certain which players with NHL-clauses will stay/leave until mid-august.

As the player was unnamed, and since we already know that Nils Lundkvist, Filip Hållander and Victor Berglund are about to cross the pond, I’d guess that one of Erik Gustafsson, Juhani Tyrväinen or possibly Isac Brännström might be contemplaiting offers.
With Gustafsson’s family situation, I wouldn’t guess he’s likely to leave for North America. I agree that Tyrväinen might become a decent grinder in the NHL, if that’s something he’d like to try.

Brännström is one of my favorites on the team but a very fringe candidate to ever make the NHL, and I don’t think he’s raised his stock with his late regular and postseason play.

Einar Emanuelsson is one of the most talented young players on the team but I think he lacks the size and stays too much on the perimeter to have a shot at the NHL.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hv71 building for Allsvenskan looks good so far>

xxx
xxx

Andrae / Torp
xxx / Karlstrom
xxx / xxx

Torngren / xxx / xxx
Lindback / xxx / xxx
Nybeck / Wikstrom / Olausson
J.Kokkonen/ Wennlund/ xxx

Suprised Torngren stays, he is a good SHLer.

Edit: They signed Wennlund and Kokkonen too.

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Hv71 building for Allsvenskan looks good so far>

xxx
xxx

Andrae / Torp
xxx / Karlstrom
xxx / xxx

Torngren / xxx / xxx
Lindback / xxx / xxx
Nybeck / Wikstrom / Olausson
xxx / xxx / xxx

Suprised Torngren stays, he is a good SHLer.

With David Ullström and Niklas Hjalmarsson seriously considering signing makes this team even more absurd. And wouldn't surprise me if Önerud decided to stay.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Can someone here tell me about Simon Hjalmarsson. What are his strenghts? Why was this Season not as good as before? Less ice time? 2nd line?

hardworking player but not physical. i could see him being ppg in ebel or close to it. from 2011 to 2016 he was very good but has regressed a lot.

Reactions: AustrianDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad