Review: Sherwood Nexon n12 stick

MattGTI

Dec 4, 2010
Milford
Odd. Wonder if he thinks he is using an S19.

It's not all that far-fetched, really. Considering how pros are notoriously finicky about not changing what they're comfortable with, but also tend not to be gear connoisseurs on the level of many enthusiasts, I wouldn't be shocked if he either wanted S19's and they gave him Mako II's painted as S19's because they don't actually make S19's anymore, or if he just had some weird superstitious hangup about the graphics.

It doesn't really take a gear connoisseur to know what he/she is using. I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what he is using each and every time he steps on the ice. The two Easton models don't really feel the same at all. I still see S19's everywhere for sale.

McDugan

Jun 29, 2010
Well what would be the explanation for dressing a current model stick as a discontinued one? Doesn't seem very logical to me, as an uninformed observer. So I defer to you obviously cooler, wiser hockey dudes.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Don't take it personally, it was a chuckle haha. I'm thinking they were from the same (huge) batch and they did it for him because of that and perhaps they'd like him as an endorsee later on.

McDugan

Jun 29, 2010
Maybe being up every night this week with a cranky toddler is making me touchy. Anyway, but regardless of who it's for, why dress a Mako II as an S-19, in any quantity? It would make sense to me if the S-19 had still been in production any where close to when the Mako II came out, i.e. they were hiding an unreleased model in "old clothes" - but there's just such a gap between the times the two sticks were produced... or could it be as simple as a preference for one graphic over another (esp. since the Makos have so much white and the white blade) or the S-19 graphic being an arbitrary choice?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Maybe preference and Subban having enough leeway to demand it. Maybe the Mako 2 construction existed when he ordered that batch.

We could keep guessing, but it's pointless.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Maybe preference and Subban having enough leeway to demand it. Maybe the Mako 2 construction existed when he ordered that batch.

We could keep guessing, but it's pointless.

Who cares anyway ? The pros themselves don't really know what they're using. They just find something suitable and stick with it.

For example, Semin uses a stick painted as a T1 NXG, but it's actually a One 90 (2006). It really is an old model, and it doesn't come with the latest technologies, but he keeps using it because there's no reason to change.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
You contradict yourself. You say they have no idea what they're using (which is false for the most part) yet Semin knows he likes the One90 rather than whatever random stick they give him...

soireeculturelle

Jan 7, 2014
Odd. Wonder if he thinks he is using an S19.

It's not all that far-fetched, really. Considering how pros are notoriously finicky about not changing what they're comfortable with, but also tend not to be gear connoisseurs on the level of many enthusiasts, I wouldn't be shocked if he either wanted S19's and they gave him Mako II's painted as S19's because they don't actually make S19's anymore, or if he just had some weird superstitious hangup about the graphics.

PK told me last fall that he's using SE16s dressed as S19s. So at the very mininum he knows he's using a paint job. very common in other sports like tennis.

didnt ask him why though.

McDugan

Jun 29, 2010
PK told me last fall that he's using SE16s dressed as S19s. So at the very mininum he knows he's using a paint job. very common in other sports like tennis.

didnt ask him why though.

Yes, an older stick dressed as a newer stick is quite common. A current model stick dressed as a significantly older one is far less common.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I think Easton has tried to get him to use their newer stuff too. All the pro stock stuff I find of his are mako IIs.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
I've heard that a number of 1st and 2nd Gen (TotalOne + NXG) were painted One95's

Its all preference really... IMO 2 of my favorite twigs are still the S19 & One95

I prefer the S19 to the RS line and the One95 to the APX... but is very simular to totalone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad