Sherwood Hockey making a comeback?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I believe Matthew Tkachuk has also been signed by Sherwood. He was wearing Sherwood gloves and using a Sherwood stick in camp. It's nice to see a smaller company making a comeback. It's boring only having a few mega-companies like Bauer and CCM dominate 90% of the market. I miss the days of Graf, Easton, Tackla, Winwell, Christian, etc.

I haven't seen any announcement of an endorsement deal or anything. I would think Sherwood would have announced such a big ticket signing like him, if he did sign one.

For sticks, it's closer to 75%-80% but your point still stands. Warrior is a big player right behind them at 15-18% Share. Then you have True, Sherwood and STX making up a very small minority behind them.

True seems to be growing though. They bought Lefevre goalie company and I'm seeing more skaters at least testing out their sticks and protective in camps. Well see if they stick when the season starts. And well see how Sherwood does now that they're officially back.

Last edited:

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
National Sports in Canada has special edition leather versions of the Sher-wood BPM 120 glove on clearance for $40 CDN. The 120 was the top of the line Sher-wood glove in the BPM line back in 2018. Size 14 only and ships only to Canada unfortunately. Pretty sick looking gloves.

Since these are limited edition, they only made 100 of each color. On the inside of the cuff there is there is a stitching showing the #/100.

SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH BLACK/RED/WHITE
SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH NAVY
SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH NAVY/RED/WHITE

Last edited:

TurboCat

Aug 8, 2020
National Sports in Canada has special edition leather versions of the Sher-wood BPM 120 glove on clearance for $60 CDN. The 120 was the top of the line Sher-wood glove in the BPM line back in 2018. Size 14 only and ships only to Canada unfortunately. Pretty sick looking gloves.

SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH BLACK/RED/WHITE
SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH NAVY
SHERWOOD BPM 120 PU-LE SR HOCKEY GLOVES 14 INCH NAVY/RED/WHITE
So sad these aren’t in 13

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I just picked up a Rekker for my Floor Hockey league and I love it. I wish I could’ve tried the N12 or the T90 years ago..

funny you say this - I pulled a brand new n12 out of my basement, taped it up and used it today.

I’ve been out of the game since junior hockey 10 years ago. I also had brand new total one skates I had out too.

I really liked the n12’s for stick handling but for shooting, meh. They’ve very light, well balanced and held up well.

back when i played, I wanted the lightest stick for stick handling. Since I’ve been playing now and I’m older and slower, I prefer a shooters stick and I’ve grown used to a bigger curve.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
back when i played, I wanted the lightest stick for stick handling. Since I’ve been playing now and I’m older and slower, I prefer a shooters stick and I’ve grown used to a bigger curve.

I eventually got ahold of an N12 on SidelineSwap! Super, super light. My Supreme 1s Ignite feels heavier than the N12.

I feel like the Rekker or Code are constructed similarly to the N12 with the shaft being infused directly into the blade.

Reactions: Burkeocet
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Recently bought the Ek 15 Vintage stick off of SidelineSwap. Super light and has a great low-kick point.

I don’t care if I get chirped, but I feel like more people should give Sherwood an honest try. Saw a teammate last night in Roller break TWO Ultra Sonics :eek::thumbd:

Attachments

• 00A3500D-1284-492A-8DD4-C58BECC5A9D8.jpeg
    00A3500D-1284-492A-8DD4-C58BECC5A9D8.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: TurboCat

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Recently bought the Ek 15 Vintage stick off of SidelineSwap. Super light and has a great low-kick point.

I don’t care if I get chirped, but I feel like more people should give Sherwood an honest try. Saw a teammate last night in Roller break TWO Ultra Sonics :eek::thumbd:

Nice.

And what's that, $600 down the drain... He/she better hope those were still under warranty.

I've shot the ultrasonic before and I can say it felt like one of the better shooting sticks ive played around with.

TurboCat

Aug 8, 2020

You’ll love it! It’s an awesome stick plus it looks amazing. I really want to try a code V when they go on sale too.

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
You’ll love it! It’s an awesome stick plus it looks amazing. I really want to try a code V when they go on sale too.
If you live in Canada, you can get Code V's at 50% off from National Sports ($150 cdn for senior, $145 cdn for intermediate). They are closing their shop so all the hockey equipment is 50% off it looks like.

National Sports Sherwood Code V

85 and 60 flex only though.

Also Sher-wood BPM 120 gloves for 30 bucks is an awesome deal.

National Sports Sherwood BPM 120

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This might be a crap shoot here, but does anyone know about the Sherwood Project stick line?

Was the stick actually apart of a line, or just a ‘promo’ thing? I can’t seem to find a Sherwood catalog that goes into the specs

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This might be a crap shoot here, but does anyone know about the Sherwood Project stick line?

Was the stick actually apart of a line, or just a ‘promo’ thing? I can’t seem to find a Sherwood catalog that goes into the specs

Youtube has Ice Warehouse reviews of the Project 5, 7, 8 and 9 sticks. A friend of mine got a Project 5 a few months back for like under $30 CAD but he's already stopped using it.

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019

I think the Project line was the first line of sticks from Sherwood after it purchased by Canadian Tire. The line was aimed more towards the beer-leaguer and not really a top-level elite stick like the Rekker and Code lines. The line is discontinued, but they still have a webpage with information on the top of the line Project 9 stick:

Project 9

Variable kick point (like a CCM RBZ)
435g in senior (this is quite heavy compared to their Rekker (380g) and Code sticks (390g) which both come in under 400g)

I also think Sher-wood stopped making the line because True later on came up with a line of sticks also titled Project.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Was at Sportchek last weekend, one of our stores moved locations so they did a big grand re-opening sale. I went to see what they had on sale for sticks, and the staff at the store were pushing the Sherwood sticks pretty hard. I guess now Sherwood is basically a "house brand" for Sportchek and Can. Tire Group.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Was at Sportchek last weekend, one of our stores moved locations so they did a big grand re-opening sale. I went to see what they had on sale for sticks, and the staff at the store were pushing the Sherwood sticks pretty hard. I guess now Sherwood is basically a "house brand" for Sportchek and Can. Tire Group.

wish we had a retailer in the us that pushed sherwood!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I just started play again after a roughly one year lay-off due to COVID and ended up picking up some Sherwood gear (gloves and sticks) off of ProStockHockey. I went with the Project 8 stick in the p88 pattern. Feels very solid. I got some Rekker gloves as well. I think they are Team Ireland LOL. Looked cool.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

There's no "basically" about it - Sherwood is owned by Canadian Tire Group.

Reactions: BruinDust

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I recently picked up a 5030 from my LHS for cheap, legendary stick but I could never use it nowadays in competition.

I used it as a backup stick in a game once and it was bad, felt like I had stone hands, I couldn’t get any mustard on wrist/snap shots and it slowed me down like an anchor.

Didn’t help that the stick I broke was a Trigger 5 pro but it reminded me how far stick tech has come

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I recently picked up a 5030 from my LHS for cheap, legendary stick but I could never use it nowadays in competition.

I used it as a backup stick in a game once and it was bad, felt like I had stone hands, I couldn’t get any mustard on wrist/snap shots and it slowed me down like an anchor.

Didn’t help that the stick I broke was a Trigger 5 pro but it reminded me how far stick tech has come

yikes! lol. Could not imagine bringing a wood stick out there.

Franklin or Mylec Hockey have a wood hybrid that can be used for ice, roller or even floor hockey.. unsure the model though.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad