Sherwood Hockey making a comeback?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I use offname brands like Twig and Custom Hockey Sticks because the big brands don’t sell PM9 anymore.

Sherwood was always a brand that never had many of those. Bobby Ryan’s curve YEARS AGO was the PM9 equivalent before it became the P88 equivalent.

Sherwood’s sticks have always been quality with the overly exorbitant price tags that come with Bauer, CCM, Warrior and True sticks. If they made a PM9 curve available in their regular rotation, they’d gather a TON of customers.
Dispatch B feom Twig is one underrated stick.
Also take advantage of referring another email to yourself, get like 30 off on that order and 30 discount back on your original account.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Dispatch B feom Twig is one underrated stick.
Also take advantage of referring another email to yourself, get like 30 off on that order and 30 discount back on your original account.
That’s actually a good tip, thanks. I have a Rogue from them and love it.

Captain Charisma

Jan 18, 2019
I use offname brands like Twig and Custom Hockey Sticks because the big brands don’t sell PM9 anymore.

Sherwood was always a brand that never had many of those. Bobby Ryan’s curve YEARS AGO was the PM9 equivalent before it became the P88 equivalent.

Sherwood’s sticks have always been quality with the overly exorbitant price tags that come with Bauer, CCM, Warrior and True sticks. If they made a PM9 curve available in their regular rotation, they’d gather a TON of customers.
I was browsing around and I saw that Bauer just released a couple of throwback sticks (updated with modern materials) celebrating the original Easton Synergy stick. They have the PM9 curve option on them. Check em out if you're interested: EASTON SYNERGY Hockey Sticks | BAUER

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I was browsing around and I saw that Bauer just released a couple of throwback sticks (updated with modern materials) celebrating the original Easton Synergy stick. They have the PM9 curve option on them. Check em out if you're interested: EASTON SYNERGY Hockey Sticks | BAUER
Yeah, they’re Nexus 2N Pro’s re-dressed as Synergy’s.

They’re relatively cheap and have PM9, so I’ll probably buy one.

I appreciate the look though.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Once I moved away from PM9, I haven't gone back. I'm not sure how I even used that blade anymore.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
connor-bedard-sherwood-hockey.png

As we all know, Connor Bedard is on Team Sherwood.

I happened to be at Canadian Tire the other night to pick up a few things and I walked through the hockey gear. As one would expect there was lots of Sherwood gear. But not a single thing, not a single stick with Bedard's name on it.

I couldn't think of a single thing to up the appeal of Sherwood gear, especially to the under 18s, more than having CB98 somewhere on it. I was amazed by that. They are taking a very long time to roll that stuff out.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
connor-bedard-sherwood-hockey.png

As we all know, Connor Bedard is on Team Sherwood.

I happened to be at Canadian Tire the other night to pick up a few things and I walked through the hockey gear. As one would expect there was lots of Sherwood gear. But not a single thing, not a single stick with Bedard's name on it.

I couldn't think of a single thing to up the appeal of Sherwood gear, especially to the under 18s, more than having CB98 somewhere on it. I was amazed by that. They are taking a very long time to roll that stuff out.

All sticks are moving away from "names" if they haven't completely already.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016

I think they're just doing a piss poor job of getting product out there. I posted in this thread in August, when their Rekker sticks were supposed to be released, that there wasn't anything at the Pro Hockey Life in my area or in any of the Sport Cheks. Then, when stock did show up there was only a handful of Sherwood sticks. Haven't checked Pro Hockey Life recently, but at Sport Chek, all I see are maybe one or two low end sticks.

For a while you could only find their top end stick from that line at a Source for Sports location, and they were only carrying the top end stick.

If you want a Sherwood stick, it seems the only reliable way to get it is order online.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
All sticks are moving away from "names" if they haven't completely already.

In much the same way that if you go to Wal-Mart you see racks of Crosby CCM sticks ranging in price from $20-$100, I would expect to see something similar with Bedard and Sherwood at Canadian Tire/Sport Chek... it would seem like a huge selling point to me. It's weird to me that at my local stores, at least, it's not even an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad