Sheldon Keefe - Potential Jack Adams Trophy Nominee?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Jack Adams is basically the PDO award. Take a team that goes from a bad PDO season to a good one, and they'll credit it all to the coach and give him a reward for it.

PDO isn't the difference between Keefe and Babcock hockey.

Not much difference between Babcock’s last season and Keefe’s start from a stat perspective.

Difference seems to be enthusiasm of the players

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
im pretty sure trotz's name is already written on the trophy for this year

I'm predicting an Islanders downturn in the second half. By the end of the season they'll be running on fumes and fighting for the third Metropolitan spot and get dusted in the first round. Though the first round won't factor into any Jack Adams consideration.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not much difference between Babcock’s last season and Keefe’s start from a stat perspective.

Difference seems to be enthusiasm of the players

You're right. The Leafs seem to be more of a Fun and Gun team under Keefe.

Good for them!

Reactions: Menzinger

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The rest of us love it though:laugh:
you loved Burke and Wilson even though we were losing

you loved Phaneuf and Kessel and believed they'd lead us to a cup

you loved Babs

you love everything to do with the Leafs regardless of whether the team is winning or losing

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
you loved Burke and Wilson even though we were losing

you loved Phaneuf and Kessel and believed they'd lead us to a cup

you loved Babs

you love everything to do with the Leafs regardless of whether the team is winning or losing

All completely false.

also, hilarious.

merry christmas, Mr. Grinch.

Reactions: Havoc

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
Why is it that when we’re on a roll the team will win every trophy given. But if we lose one game its fire and trade everyone. There is literally no middle ground in this fan base. Such a shame.

Reactions: Tall Morty

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If he can turn Matthews and Marner into our Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Mcdavid, Draisaitl or Rantanen, MacKinnon... then he has done very well for himself. An explosive top line carries entire teams to playoffs. Hell Bostons line almost won them a cup.

Leafs are the only team that can send out a 2nd line featuring a star like Tavares....

Very interested in seeing more of Matthews and Marner.

Reactions: Havoc

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Why is it that when we’re on a roll the team will win every trophy given. But if we lose one game its fire and trade everyone. There is literally no middle ground in this fan base. Such a shame.

Passion for the team mixed with a well developed sense of dread and anxiety from past traumatic events (4-1, 2x18 wheelers, etc.).

Some control their emotions better than others. I'm def not including myself in that category, but it's a work in progress I suppose.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I think it is because we have been waiting for so long that our mentality has twisted. If somebody remembers I want to know how was our fanbase in the 60-70-ies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I just love that he is not afraid to roll with guys that are hot. Babcock would just spread the ice time out no matter what for no f***ing reason. Play the guys that are hot.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Passion for the team mixed with a well developed sense of dread and anxiety from past traumatic events (4-1, 2x18 wheelers, etc.).

Some control their emotions better than others. I'm def not including myself in that category, but it's a work in progress I suppose.

2x18 wheelers?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If he can turn Matthews and Marner into our Pastrnak, Marchand, Bergeron, Mcdavid, Draisaitl or Rantanen, MacKinnon... then he has done very well for himself. An explosive top line carries entire teams to playoffs. Hell Bostons line almost won them a cup.

Leafs are the only team that can send out a 2nd line featuring a star like Tavares....

Very interested in seeing more of Matthews and Marner.

Marner is benefiting the most under Keefe. Getting almost 2 min more a game.

Matthews’ usage is static. Just 0:04 more per game in about 2 fewer shifts.

Nylander and Rielly are playing a lot less.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad