Sheldon Keefe - Potential Jack Adams Trophy Nominee?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Personally I don't think he's got a shot at it even if the Leafs continue this tear for the rest of the year. Coming into the season the Leafs had the 2nd best cup odds so them doing well should not be a surprise to anyone.

On an unrelated note, I find it very strange that Babcock still hasn't addressed the media after his firing.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I think it is because we have been waiting for so long that our mentality has twisted. If somebody remembers I want to know how was our fanbase in the 60-70-ies.

Internet speed was very slow back then, hard to say..................:sarcasm:

upload_2019-12-27_10-7-22.jpeg

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
im pretty sure trotz's name is already written on the trophy for this year

Trotz, Cassidy, Reirden, Sullivan, Berube, Maurice, Bednar, Brind'Amour, Tochett, Keefe, Ward are all in the running, I think it really depends on which team catches fire in the 2nd half of the season.

Cassidy was running away with it until the B's hit that slide in December.

Reactions: Havoc

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I don't think you reward a win streak with a Jack Adams award. A quick example.

Last year over the Christmas and New Year period, the team went 3-7-0 for a total of 6 points and Babcock was not fired.

This year, the team went 3-5-2 for 8 points in its last 10 and Babcock was fired.

In the next 15 games following last year's slump, the team's record was 10-3-2 for 22 points. Babcock changed virtually nothing. Slumps come and go. Players perform.

In the next 15 games this year following the slump, the team's record is 11-4 for 22 points. There's a healthy Marner and a stellar run of games by Freddy underneath it.

Talent performing and health largely determine success.

No you win it because its a popularity contest, which ever guy gets the best press wins the trophy. Most of those NHL awards are just popularity contest, only a few have metrics which you can measure and say yeah thsi guy is with a doubt the best at X.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Personally I don't think he's got a shot at it even if the Leafs continue this tear for the rest of the year. Coming into the season the Leafs had the 2nd best cup odds so them doing well should not be a surprise to anyone.

On an unrelated note, I find it very strange that Babcock still hasn't addressed the media after his firing.
Im not I feel like media will destroy him, who won last year? did St. Louis new coach win Jack Adams? if Leafs win a playoff series after the start they had I think u could argue he's in conversation for it.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Im not I feel like media will destroy him, who won last year? did St. Louis new coach win Jack Adams? if Leafs win a playoff series after the start they had I think u could argue he's in conversation for it.

Awards are voted on before the playoffs start. But either way, that's besides my point. I'm not saying Keefe isn't a good coach. My point is the Leafs are stacked are were expected to be a top 5 team in the league this year.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Awards are voted on before the playoffs start. But either way, that's besides my point. I'm not saying Keefe isn't a good coach. My point is the Leafs are stacked are were expected to be a top 5 team in the league this year.

You sir are rational.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Which honestly speaks more to how poorly Babcock did with this collection of talent.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Which honestly speaks more to how poorly Babcock did with this collection of talent.

Not following.

His point was that this team is talented enough for a top 5 finish.

Last year they were 5th in the conference (7th in the league)

Year before 4th in the conference (7th in the league)

You say he did poorly with this collection of talent?

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not following.

His point was that this team is talented enough for a top 5 finish.

Last year they were 5th in the conference (7th in the league)

Year before 4th in the conference (7th in the league)

You say he did poorly with this collection of talent?

The post I quoted referred to this year. Babcock did poorly with this years collection of talent.

Really not that hard to follow.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The post I quoted referred to this year. Babcock did poorly with this years collection of talent.

Really not that hard to follow.

Did your collection of talent this year include injuries to Tavares, Dermott, Hyman and Marner?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I don't think playoffs count, it's just the regular season. To be in the conversation the Leafs probably need to win their division and win it not because everyone else faded away, but because they also finished high in the overall standings.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I thought this was a Keefe only thread?

Wtf is this Babcock apologist nonsense? Don't we have another thread for that's being used for that?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If they keep this pace (~112 points or whatever it is) and finish top 2 in the division, he will 100% be a finalist.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Surprised he hasnt been named Mayor of Toronto yet.

Way too early guys.

Make the playoffs, go deep in the playoffs and you might have a shot.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Surprised he hasnt been named Mayor of Toronto yet.

Way too early guys.

Make the playoffs, go deep in the playoffs and you might have a shot.

These trophys are based on regular season and voted on before the playoffs.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
These trophys are based on regular season and voted on before the playoffs.
Potentially sure. but theres a couple coaches i'd put ahead of him.

Berube is having another good year.
Arizona has improved a good chunk
Colorado is having a good year.

Lots of hockey left, Keefe has surprised me though and has been a good story.

Mar 26, 2010
I would say so. He had this team do a complete 180 in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad