Sheldon Keefe is a pretty good coach.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's almost like everywhere he has coached he has won... All seriousness he is the biggest reason in my opinion the leafs are having the dominant success they are having. A few of my friends played for him. Nothing but praise. He is very demanding, incredibly detailed oriented. He gives every player a job and makes everyone feel like they are a part of it. He is alot harder than he looks or comes off as through the media. He is also fair and understands the modern player.

The Canadian Division is a joke. Toronto is going be swept in their first round with a US-based team.
I'm not a leafs fan and this is some hot garbage. However I'd love to see an Islanders Leafs conference or Stanley cup final. The story lines would be amazing and the teams are built so differently. Would be alot of fun to watch.

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
You’re a hero until you’re not in large markets like Toronto and Montreal. It’s just a matter of time until the Leafs fanbase and media turn on Keefe as well. Not much to see here.

My guess is it will be a while, if his track record is any indication. He's also Dubas' boy and based on Dubas' body of work, he isn't going anywhere for a while, so neither is Keefe.

CCHL: 303-96-20
OHL: 134-55-15
AHL: 200-89-31
NHL: 45-19-6

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This guy hit the panic button in an elimination game and loaded up on 1 line and put a guy at centre who wasn't there all year, who went onto take a too-many-men penalty. The team also got scored on during a bad line change in part because he went with a lineup he hadn't used all year.

His Game 5 performance vs Columbus was one of the all-time great coaching own-goals.

Reactions: dukeofjive

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
This guy hit the panic button in an elimination game and loaded up on 1 line and put a guy at centre who wasn't there all year, who went onto take a too-many-men penalty. The team also got scored on during a bad line change in part because he went with a lineup he hadn't used all year.

His Game 5 performance vs Columbus was one of the all-time great coaching own-goals.

So what you're saying is that in his first year as an NHL coach, a job he got part way through the year, he wasn't perfect after a long, unprecedented break in the middle of the season; therefore, he isn't a good coach?

All the evidence we have is that he's a good coach. He's won at every level and that's continuing so far in his pro career.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

....and one time, in band camp.....

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Panic button?

That was the line that brought them back from the 3-0 hole the game before, he just stuck with the hot hand.

If you also look back to that game 5 they got eliminated, that super line dominated.

But you're right that the Nylander at center didn't work, but if that top line had a bit more luck in that game it wouldn't even have mattered.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yet he has forgot more about hockey than you know about it in the same time span it took you to write this post.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Yet he has forgot more about hockey than you know about it in the same time span it took you to write this post.

I know enough that putting a guy at C who hasn't played there all season and going with a lineup you've never used is a stupid idea.

I also know that fans will defend anything, even that indefensible coaching performance.

I also know that the results speak for themselves in that game and in that series.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I know enough that putting a guy at C who hasn't played there all season and going with a lineup you've never used is a stupid idea.

I also know that fans will defend anything, even that indefensible coaching performance.

I also know that the results speak for themselves in that game and in that series.

I know enough to know that BruinsBtn will take any shot he can at the Leafs and then go into hiding any time the Bruins lose a game to the Leafs. Fun fact.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place

What's Tuuka's record in the stanley cup finals again?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I know enough to know that BruinsBtn will take any shot he can at the Leafs and then go into hiding any time the Bruins lose a game to the Leafs. Fun fact.

I've been right about the Leafs every year. It's not hating when your track record is perfect. Sorry.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Panic button?

That was the line that brought them back from the 3-0 hole the game before, he just stuck with the hot hand.

If you also look back to that game 5 they got eliminated, that super line dominated.

But you're right that the Nylander at center didn't work, but if that top line had a bit more luck in that game it wouldn't even have mattered.

Game 5 centered around Tavares' post. He scores into the empty net and its 1-1 and a different game.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

And last year currently matters why?

He has the Leafs firing on all cylinders. I'd say these 21 games outweigh the 5 play in games. I might not like the Leafs but he is absolutely doing a solid job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad