Sheldon Keefe is a pretty good coach.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
He led Toronto to a 105 point pace last year after Babcock was fired. And this year they've won 18 of their first 24 games. But it's not just the record. The system he has gotten the Leafs to play has made them good defensively. Currently a top 5 team in GA / game. They shut out the top offensive team in the league back to back, then held them to 1 goal.

He's won at every level. He deserves a lot of props for what Toronto is doing right now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've liked Keith for quite a while. I really was hoping the Jets would poach him a couple of years ago. He would be a great fit in Winnipeg with our forward talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I got one thread, two thread, three thread, four... can someone give me five thread? I see give thread in the back there can I get a six thread anywhere somebody give me six thread I don't see six anywhere anywhere a six thread there! In the back, I see a six there. Going once, going, twice. Sold. Six threads on the main boards after tonights leafs win.

But seriously he's pretty good. I'm just intoxicated.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
So far so good. He has a good team and he's making them better.
That said, he should be judged on how he does in the postseason.
Regular season awards and appreciation is great but I want him and the team to just shut everybody up, by their post-season performance.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I didn't think Keefe had done that much for the Leafs last year, they still looked like less than the sum of their parts and had too much perimeter play in the play-ins. But they look much different now, perhaps to Keefe's credit. Much harder to play against, much better defending. It looks like they took notes from Torts' Jackets from the play-ins.

You can also see the difference that a competent right side of D makes. Brodie - 2021 Holl - Bogo >>>> Ceci - 2020 Holl - Barrie. I'd give Dubas credit but he was the one who made last year's mess. This time he was just following a more common sense approach.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Man how bad was Babcock

Matthews was often 5th or 6th in TOI under Babcock. He was also 2nd PP unit.

Not sure much more needs to be said. Keefe more like Cassidy - leans on his best guys, and expects them to go out an deliver.

With that being said, this feels more like a Leaf board thread. Not really a league wide type of discussion.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
His record for a new coach is pretty damn impressive. I'd love to see his record in comparison against other newer coaches with the same amount of games coached.

Oh and how's Ottawa doing again?

Sens are 6-4 in their last ten games, just one win behind the Leafs pace. Do you think the Leafs talent level is only one win in ten better than the Sens talent level? Maybe we should have a thread about D.J. Smith instead?

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I believe you know the standings.

I say this with respect. I truly believe Ottawa is a sandpaper team that is hard to play against.

I want to see them competitive, and I think it will be in the near future.

The only downside is Eugene Melnyk being himself, but I will take the Sens far more seriously than I will other teams in the division.

Looking forward to our rivalry being reignited.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
They have the Oilers and Jets, two of the top offensive teams in the league in their division..

Two of the top offensive teams against other teams in the North Division. Right.

Listen, the Leafs expectations have been set, and those expectations greatly exceed regular season success. We've all seen this show before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad