Sheldon Keefe is a pretty good coach.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I like that he has worked his way up from every coaching level. Reminds me of Cooper from TB. More teams need to give coaches like this a chance, rather than hiring the constant old boys club re-treads.

Every good coach had to start somewhere.

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
Best coach in the league, with the best team in the league, with the best player in the league. Leafs winning the cup this year folks.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
He led Toronto to a 105 point pace last year after Babcock was fired. And this year they've won 18 of their first 24 games. But it's not just the record. The system he has gotten the Leafs to play has made them good defensively. Currently a top 5 team in GA / game. They shut out the top offensive team in the league back to back, then held them to 1 goal.

He's won at every level. He deserves a lot of props for what Toronto is doing right now.
But I thought playing defensively was cheating and not actually anything to credit a coach for.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He led Toronto to a 105 point pace last year after Babcock was fired. And this year they've won 18 of their first 24 games. But it's not just the record. The system he has gotten the Leafs to play has made them good defensively. Currently a top 5 team in GA / game. They shut out the top offensive team in the league back to back, then held them to 1 goal.

He's won at every level. He deserves a lot of props for what Toronto is doing right now.
When Toronto is winning against not the Oilers and the rest of the weak division, then we are talking.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
So far so good. He has a good team and he's making them better.
That said, he should be judged on how he does in the postseason.
Regular season awards and appreciation is great but I want him and the team to just shut everybody up, by their post-season performance.
Agreed. Also, that division is a joke.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
I mean personally if I had a player that scored 5 goals in 4 games I’d probably play him more than 13 minutes per game

Reactions: KapG

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The Canadian Division is a joke. Toronto is going be swept in their first round with a US-based team.
The division is a joke but the Leafs are still a good team. Their record is inflated by being the best team in a weak division, instead of being one of the best 3-4 teams in a strong division (like the past several years), but that's just inflation and not something that's completely misrepresentative of what they are.
I'm impressed by them, I have to say. Weak division or not, it's not that easy to for example keep McDavid and Draisatl shut down 3 games in a row. I'm not ready to say Keefe is a great coach, but they are a team with lots of scoring talent and if they manage to tighten up their defense and get some solid goaltending they are unlikely to be swept by anyone in a playoff series.

Reactions: Auston 316 and KapG

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You’re a hero until you’re not in large markets like Toronto and Montreal. It’s just a matter of time until the Leafs fanbase and media turn on Keefe as well. Not much to see here.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
It’s part Keefe, but it’s also part Dubas. The impact of finding Holl and trading Brodie has had as big of an impact on their defensive game as anything Keefe has done.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Sens are 6-4 in their last ten games, just one win behind the Leafs pace. Do you think the Leafs talent level is only one win in ten better than the Sens talent level? Maybe we should have a thread about D.J. Smith instead?
What place is Ottawa in again?
Yeah they have alot of rising talent and are good enough to win games. Can't take them lightly but I think your looking too much into that last 10 games record.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sens are 6-4 in their last ten games, just one win behind the Leafs pace. Do you think the Leafs talent level is only one win in ten better than the Sens talent level? Maybe we should have a thread about D.J. Smith instead?
Didn't Edmonton have a good ten game record too before the Leafs were done with them? Should there be a thread about Tippett?

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.

Note from maintenance: you don't usually put a period after a thread title. Keep to that tradition. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad