Confirmed with Link: Shean Donovan hired as Player Development Consultant,Jason Smith promoted to coaching

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Funny that Smith ends up behind the bench here where he played 1 season, and not in EDM where he spent 8 seasons.

Happy to have him ! Love me some Gator.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
#Sens HC Paul Maclean has confirmed that new assistant coach Jason Smith will be on the bench. Mark Reeds will be the eye in the sky.

this had to happen. was hoping for a change.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Wasn't smith already assisting the coaches for the past 2 years? What was his title before? I figured he was an assistant coach as teams have many.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Great now with Donovan back we can get rid of Condra and have an in your face 4th line.

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Michalek Zibanejad Chaisson
Greening Legwand Pageau/Lazar/Stone/Hoffman
Donovan Smith Neil

WhiteLight*

Great now with Donovan back we can get rid of Condra and have an in your face 4th line.

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Michalek Zibanejad Chaisson
Greening Legwand Pageau/Lazar/Stone/Hoffman
Donovan Smith Neil

:shakehead

There you have it everyone. Condra is the most underrated player in NHL history

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wasn't smith already assisting the coaches for the past 2 years? What was his title before? I figured he was an assistant coach as teams have many.

Thats right he was an eye in the sky for home games and helped out at practices if I remember right.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Richardson, Smith, Donovan... no coaching experience (or very little) getting in only because they played for Ottawa...

Seems bush league to me instead of hiring real coaches.

lol.... Richardson will be an NHL head coach in 2-3 years, he is highly sought after. Once his daughter graduates (1 hour from Bingo) he is gone.

WhiteLight*

lol.... Richardson will be an NHL head coach in 2-3 years, he is highly sought after. Once his daughter graduates (1 hour from Bingo) he is gone.

I like Luke, but it's a gamble to bring in guys who have done nothing at lower levels. You don't know if they're good coaches or not. No problem with paying your dues and proving you're good at the job first.

I don't see Donovan or Smith in Binghamton.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I like Luke, but it's a gamble to bring in guys who have done nothing at lower levels. You don't know if they're good coaches or not. No problem with paying your dues and proving you're good at the job first.

I don't see Donovan or Smith in Binghamton.

I agree with earning your stripes, Dono has been with the 67s for the last few years in a player development role. Probably should of gone to Bingo first.

Smith as been an assistant since he retired, (home games only not sure why). I guess now he is fulltime.

Bingo will lose Richardson soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad