Player Discussion Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
...Weber dragging around that 250 lb anchor on his back throughout most of the game doesn't help his play any (and yes, I'm talking about Emelin)...

(mod)

I'm sorry but with the way people built Weber up to be the 2nd coming of Ray Bourque, you'd think he could play with anyone.

Guy has played his career with very good dmen. He needs to get it together and I think he should be alright but his contract will really hurt us IMO.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Mcdavid made him look like a fool many times the last game we played against EDM.

McDavid makes a lot of people look bad, fact is he has said more than once how hard it is to play against Weber. I love how every player , even allstars on this team, suck and need to die.. because of a rough patch. If Weber scores in 2 of the next 3 games he will be a god again around here.

Take a pill, Weber is the least of the problems around here. Things will get sorted out, CJ will have an actual system in place.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
McDavid disagrees, but what would he know?

The Team Canada Elite do nothing but shower Shea Weber with compliments to ensure his ego isn't hurt. So many people going out for interviews after the trade to defend Shea Weber from public opinion. McDavid is just playing the game like the rest of them. He's a very well liked player with friends in high places. That's why Bergevin was convinced he was going to be a game changer in the locker room.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
...Weber dragging around that 250 lb anchor on his back throughout most of the game doesn't help his play any (and yes, I'm talking about Emelin)...

Weber has been deferring to Emelin to get it out of the zone all season. It hasn't worked for the past month or two, yet he continues to do it instead of taking matters into his own hands.

Beaulieu was key this season because of the trade, as we needed someone to replace PK's skill (Sergachev was never an option). I'm not surprised it hasn't worked out. All we've done with the trade is shift our problems to a player who's 4 years older.

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Weber has been deferring to Emelin to get it out of the zone all season. It hasn't worked for the past month or two, yet he continues to do it instead of taking matters into his own hands.

Beaulieu was key this season because of the trade, as we needed someone to replace PK's skill (Sergachev was never an option). I'm not surprised it hasn't worked out. All we've done with the trade is shift our problems to a player who's 4 years older.

EXACTLY

PK should have been traded for an impact forward and a 4/5 star prospect dman. You make this deal if you already had a Subban-lite in the system or a similar player on the team.

So now we need to go find a guy with Subban skills to complement Weber. :laugh::laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weber is a ultimate team player and passes to the open player (whoever that is). The strength to his game is physical punishment in the defensive end and his shot on the offensive end. Simple as that! Lets not get into the Weber is declining again just because the Habs are going through a slump. Subban couldn't stop the disaster of last season so lets move on from "Subban" is king and the Habs miss him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
EXACTLY

PK should have been traded for an impact forward and a 4/5 star prospect dman. You make this deal if you already had a Subban-lite in the system or a similar player on the team.

So now we need to go find a guy with Subban skills to complement Weber. :laugh::laugh:

100% BS. Weber is the one who made Emelin relevant again. Where is Joisi this year? And the guy with the skills you think the Habs should be searching for is already in the organization... His name is Sergachev and he's on the roster next year and a impact player in 2 seasons.

Relax... future is all good in Habs land. Only big issues is re signing Radulov and Price this off season

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
100% BS. Weber is the one who made Emelin relevant again. Where is Joisi this year? And the guy with the skills you think the Habs should be searching for is already in the organization... His name is Sergachev and he's on the roster next year and a impact player in 2 seasons.

Relax... future is all good in Habs land. Only big issues is re signing Radulov and Price this off season

I would move Radulov if possible, his production will disappear after the $$$ starts rolling in.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

LOL. Such optimism based in what exactly? I have no idea. Lets hope he's impact player in 2 years because Weber won't bee too special by then.

Weber made Emelin relevant again? :laugh:

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
I would move Radulov if possible, his production will disappear after the $$$ starts rolling in.

One of the more ridiculous things I've read today. Radulov has been making BIG money for a long time. Haven't seen him take a shift off yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

LOL. Such optimism based in what exactly? I have no idea. Lets hope he's impact player in 2 years because Weber won't bee too special by then.

Weber made Emelin relevant again? :laugh:

Man what's wrong with you people? When the Habs go through a slump, you go through extremes to justify very very negative thinking.

- Radulov is after money? Really? He chooses to play in Montreal in front of the most critical hockey fans in the world to prove himself. If you know anything about Radulov, his play on the ice has never (I mean never) been in question in his entire career. The evidence points to Radulov wanting to play with fellow Russians and wanting to win! He is a beast out there on the ice and he's playing the same way he has his entire career!

- Yes before this season, most were putting Emelin in the same sentence with DD. Some are even insisting we protect Emelin over Beaulieu now in the next expansion draft. I wouldn't but that's how Weber has made Emelin relevant again.

- Weber will be very good for another 5 years where he reaches his mid 30's. Let me guess, he's going to get slower right? lol. What a joke. Do you really think Weber is declining that fast where he will be ineffective after 2 years?

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Man what's wrong with you people? When the Habs go through a slump, you go through extremes to justify very very negative thinking.

- Radulov is after money? Really? He chooses to play in Montreal in front of the most critical hockey fans in the world to prove himself. If you know anything about Radulov, his play on the ice has never (I mean never) been in question in his entire career. The evidence points to Radulov wanting to play with fellow Russians and wanting to win! He is a beast out there on the ice and he's playing the same way he has his entire career!

- Yes before this season, most were putting Emelin in the same sentence with DD. Some are even insisting we protect Emelin over Beaulieu now in the next expansion draft. I wouldn't but that's how Weber has made Emelin relevant again.

- Weber will be very good for another 5 years where he reaches his mid 30's. Let me guess, he's going to get slower right? lol. What a joke. Do you really think Weber is declining that fast where he will be ineffective after 2 years?

I don't really need to go by what people say on here. People have said a lot of bewildering things. I go by what I see with my own eyes. Habs fans are no different than any other homer fans, they overrate their players and trash those who are traded especially if the organization criticizes the player.

Weber and Subban are both good players but are different. Weber is slow and he is 4 years older. 4 years difference in any sport is huge and I'm not sure why people downplay that. Another issue is Weber had a nice start but hasn't done much since. He was supposed to be mr intangibles and a leader yet the team went into a freefall with him playing subpar hockey. Some of us are confused because we were told Subban was the problem. He had subpar leadership. That was a load of crap and now proof is in the pudding.

Anyways, I'm typically right about these things, I jus thope you guys don't play dumb when I come back in a few years and say "I told you so". I remember all the DD hype. The people that wanted us to trade Subban and keep Diaz. Those who loved the Cammy trade and talked about how great Bourque was.

Emelin is still a marginal dman. I'm not sure what you've been watching.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If Weber is still the Habs go-to defenceman in two years I don't see this team going anywhere. It's not like he has a great playoff resume to lean into.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wish Weber played as well here as he supposedly did in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad