Player Discussion Shea Weber: The Big C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
You can manage and get the most out of the talent you have but you can't make a D have a higher ceiling than he does. Sure, they're managing him with certain results for the time being. We'll see where that goes.

I'm going to assume Runner means Chiarot as part of the nascent Weber / Chiarot (go big or go home) pairing, not Weber.

Am I allowed to maintain my healthy man love for Weber, from an old school hockey perspective? I mean, the guy is a model pro, is hard as nails, plays a heavy but not overtly dirty game, has hockey and real world intelligence and has a cannon shot.

So what if he can't skate with the best forwards? He just has to know how to defend against them.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'm going to assume Runner means Chiarot as part of the nascent Weber / Chiarot (go big or go home) pairing, not Weber.

Am I allowed to maintain my healthy man love for Weber, from an old school hockey perspective? I mean, the guy is a model pro, is hard as nails, plays a heavy but not overtly dirty game, has hockey and real world intelligence and has a cannon shot.

So what if he can't skate with the best forwards? He just has to know how to defend against them.
Yeah...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
This flurry of goals he’s getting in this last stretch of games is the best thing that could’ve happened to him. I think he may have started to doubt his shot a bit. The fact that the puck had been going in will give him confidence to keep ripping pucks on net.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Redux91

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I wish I was privy to the inner workings of the league because it is does seem that Weber is given a wide berth from opposing players. I get that Ovi scored but he really was a non factor after he was spoken to by Weber following his hit on Drouin. Maybe a coincidence but then Wilson, who is no shrinking violet, had a great opportunity to get Weber off the ice in the last few minutes and backed off.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I still wouldn’t have made the trade back when it happened, but I’ll admit for the last 10ish games he’s been elite. I hope he can keep it up.

It helps that Chariot finally found his game next to him, and before that Mete had woken up a bit. Bergevin hasn’t made Weber’s life easy on the ice.

Reactions: Kimota

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I wish I was privy to the inner workings of the league because it is does seem that Weber is given a wide berth from opposing players. I get that Ovi scored but he really was a non factor after he was spoken to by Weber following his hit on Drouin. Maybe a coincidence but then Wilson, who is no shrinking violet, had a great opportunity to get Weber off the ice in the last few minutes and backed off.

I’ve been saying for years that it is bizarre that he rarely gets challenged on his side. He doesn’t smash guys cause they avoid him. The game is full of nuance and as slow footed as we think he is, its fascinating to watch him if you like the details of D play

Reactions: Andrei79 and the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad