Proposal: Shea Weber Proposals - Have a fantasy? Put it here!

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

nmain37*

Would you do Ryan Kesler and Alexander Edler for Shea Weber

Would you do Shea Weber for Ryan Kesler and Alexander Edler.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Oh god no. Kesler just came back from being injured after just coming back from being injured again. Edler being a major downgrade isn't going to make up for that.

I really don't see Vancouver having the assets necessary to acquire Weber, IF he was going to be traded, which he isn't.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dear mods, can we PLEASE have a "all Weber trade proposals" thread so we can ignore one thread instead of having to block every one that comes along? Because you know with us having a bad season everyone is going to think we are ready to dump weber and I get the feeling from now til camp next year we will have these kind of threads over and over

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Dear mods, can we PLEASE have a "all Weber trade proposals" thread so we can ignore one thread instead of having to block every one that comes along? Because you know with us having a bad season everyone is going to think we are ready to dump weber and I get the feeling from now til camp next year we will have these kind of threads over and over

2nded.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008

This ...

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville

I wish we could ban them

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
If I'm MacT I will offer the following:

Eberle, Smid, Hemsky, 2014 1st pick, 2015 1st pick for Weber. Huge overpayment but you guys get rid of Weber's contract.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
And we would want to get rid of Weber's contract because? Poile can't trade him until the signing bonus $$ is paid. At which point Weber's contract is cheap.

BK Supman

Mar 5, 2013

Eberle, Smid, Hemsky, 2014 1st pick, 2015 1st pick for Weber. Huge overpayment but you guys get rid of Weber's contract.

I think Poile likes that trade.. Doubt anybody on your side would. As good as Weber is he can't play in 5 places at once and he doesn't make the team win on his own. This has the potential to be a first line and first pairing, since we all know the oilers will be drafting in the top five every year until the Oilers start to actually make the playoffs instead of just having fans that predict a yearly cup run. But in truth nothing like this will happen, both teams are close to being competitive again without blowing up the rosters

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

This is why the trade would never happen. It would take a deal like this one, and no team in their right mind would give up this much.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser

Thanks for looking out for our books here. Maybe use those assets to find a a doctor to keep RNH from breaking like glass. May be a sounder long term investment.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

<sigh..> you know, if you guys want to throw stuff out for fun that's cool and all, but at least know that "GET RID OF WEBER's CONTRACT" is not an issue for this franchise. Simply isn't; doesn't matter... it was the poison pill Philly stuck in to give him $27mil in the first 13months, and that's sunk money. So..... going forward, the contract is fine and if we were going to move our Captain, it would be for a great HOCKEY trade and a recovery of the sunk $27mil. While that deal might look like an overpayment it's probably not anywhere close; what do you give for Weber AND what do you give for the sunk $27mil? That's the only way Poile moves Weber.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
DP was forced into a stupid front loaded contract by Weber and Philly. The only incentive to trade him would be his desire to not be in Nashville. If that is the case a hard decision would have to be made. One piece coming back would have to be a player signed with a long term contract for example A legit 30 goal scorer with a 5 year contract and other pieces added. Eberle could work with a couple other pieces and picks. If by some chance the Preds win the lottery wwith Jones out there this could be a consideration.

Everything depends on what Weber wants to do not on what we fans would like to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad