Proposal: Shea Weber Proposals - Have a fantasy? Put it here!

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Shea Weber could bring back a few cornerstone franchise players.

Would the predators consider a deal that would include-

Shea Weber

for

Jordan Eberle & The Edmonton Oilers 2013 1st rounder. Which it will look to be a top 5 pick in next years draft.

***Disclaimer - I believe that we are unable to do this deal as Weber can not be moved until July 24 which is after the draft, but the Oilers can move whoever we draft***

Thoughts- Have at er!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
No, we're paying $27M in the first 365 days of his contract. If he gets traded, it will be in 4+ years when the financial impact of the signing bonus structure amortizes into a more reasonable figure. If he gets traded earlier, it's going to be from one of the most massive overpayments in hockey history (e.g. not Eberle + 1st).

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I see Eberle being put in a bunch of these Weber proposals. Am I the only one who isn't as big on him as everyone else?? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him as a Pred of course, but so far, he seems to be a product of one good season so far (I know he's young). I feel like HF thinks he's a superstar at times. This season, he's on pace for a 25-goal, 55 point season. He's a great piece to have, no doubt, but the cornerstone for a Weber trade?? No thanks.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
No, we're paying $27M in the first 365 days of his contract. If he gets traded, it will be in 4+ years when the financial impact of the signing bonus structure amortizes into a more reasonable figure. If he gets traded earlier, it's going to be from one of the most massive overpayments in hockey history (e.g. not Eberle + 1st).

Do the preds not have to give him 13 million in signing bonuses for two more years as well?

For a team that sounds like they are going to rebuild- why would that make sense?

Just my two cents.

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
As someone who would not be shocked if Weber asks Poile for a trade in July, no way does Poile shop him around if Weber stays quiet.

This is a budget franchise who will have invested all of that money in him before he can be moved. No way do they strip the cupboard bare of all of their cash, pay Weber his fortune, then turn around and trade him (Weber demanding out is different, but I still think even then it would be a difficult move for Poile to make).

Whether from the outside looking in you believe this team is rebuilding or not, Poile and Trotz don't. They believe with the players hurt being healthy next season, along with the dynamic forward they will be drafting at the top of the 1st (plus Forsberg here now), along with a mid-level depth signing or two in the offseason this team can compete for the playoffs again.

Unless Weber is screaming to go, he will not be moved.

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
I see Eberle being put in a bunch of these Weber proposals. Am I the only one who isn't as big on him as everyone else?? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him as a Pred of course, but so far, he seems to be a product of one good season so far (I know he's young). I feel like HF thinks he's a superstar at times. This season, he's on pace for a 25-goal, 55 point season. He's a great piece to have, no doubt, but the cornerstone for a Weber trade?? No thanks.

This is how every trade is proposed by a fan. We want your superstar player. You can have the player from us that you know, is pretty good too (wink wink) AND a conditional 4th round pick in 2021. Deal?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Do the preds not have to give him 13 million in signing bonuses for two more years as well?

For a team that sounds like they are going to rebuild- why would that make sense?

Just my two cents.

Why does it sound like we are going to rebuild? Because of a shortened season plagued with injuries? Yeah, no.

Eberle plus a pick isn't nearly enough.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
One of Eberle/RNH/Yakupov/Hall + two of Petry/Smid/J Shultz + pick

OR

Two of the big four + one of Petry/Smid/Shultz

We need one of the big young guns coming our way, and we absolutely need at least one defenseman who can play big minutes.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
This season sucks, but I would like to think with a top 5 goalie, a top 5 dman, solid minus a 2nd pair Dman d-corp and with forsberg and a top 5 pick to give us 2 top 3 forwards to go with our 3-4 top 6 forwards and our grit in the bottom six, this ain't a rebuild.

Are people here just idiots?

Forsberg-Wilson-top pick satisfies the need for high end passing and scoring. There will be speed bumps and growing pains, but the high end skill is there.

Hornquist-fisher-Legwand-Bourque, beck, and he is persona non grata but sk isn't a terrible pice of trash. That is 6 forwards to pack your second line with and they all can check a top offensive line.

I just don't get all the doom and gloom. It is an injury filled season. Happens to someone every year, sucks for us.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Yeah I don't get where this rebuilding sentiment comes from either. It might be a slight rebuild or retooling whatever you want to call it but really we have a top goalie and top D-man. Some great young talent which will only be bolstered this upcoming draft. We lost Suter and now Erat and yes that hurts but in my eyes all this team needs is some (decent) Vet presence at D and forward and we are right back in the thick of things. Hell I loved Erat don't get me wrong but offensively it's not crazy to think Forsberg could replace Erat's production next year. Poile's job this summer will be finding a good mixture of experience and youth. I guarantee you he's not thinking rebuild.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yeah I don't get where this rebuilding sentiment comes from either. It might be a slight rebuild or retooling whatever you want to call it but really we have a top goalie and top D-man. Some great young talent which will only be bolstered this upcoming draft. We lost Suter and now Erat and yes that hurts but in my eyes all this team needs is some (decent) Vet presence at D and forward and we are right back in the thick of things. Hell I loved Erat don't get me wrong but offensively it's not crazy to think Forsberg could replace Erat's production next year. Poile's job this summer will be finding a good mixture of experience and youth. I guarantee you he's not thinking rebuild.

People think because we are so low in the standings while still having Rinne and Weber, and trading Erat at the deadline means we are rebuilding. Most people can't name one of our forwards so they don't realize 8 of our top six have been missing most of the year.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
hall+smid

As an EDM supporter I would take the Eberle + 1st for Weber in a second.

Eberle is not a one season wonder imo. He had a good rookie season, a great sophomore season and an ok 3rd season (this shortened season). I think he'll be just fine and come back to sophomore form or more next season, but I'd still give him up for Weber... Eberle + 1st + Smid would be ok for me...

That said, I'd never give up Hall for any deal containing Weber (or anyone). It seems as if only Edmonton are able to see it (hopefully we're not delusional...) but Hall is our future captain and MVP by far and he is already the soul and spirit of our team... He's not on the market.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As someone who would not be shocked if Weber asks Poile for a trade in July, no way does Poile shop him around if Weber stays quiet.

This is a budget franchise who will have invested all of that money in him before he can be moved. No way do they strip the cupboard bare of all of their cash, pay Weber his fortune, then turn around and trade him (Weber demanding out is different, but I still think even then it would be a difficult move for Poile to make).

Whether from the outside looking in you believe this team is rebuilding or not, Poile and Trotz don't. They believe with the players hurt being healthy next season, along with the dynamic forward they will be drafting at the top of the 1st (plus Forsberg here now), along with a mid-level depth signing or two in the offseason this team can compete for the playoffs again.

Unless Weber is screaming to go, he will not be moved.

If Weber is "screamimng to go" I really think the Preds should try to make sports history and sue him to recover the $27M he will have robbed from the team if he turns around as demands a trade.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
sorry no deal is worth what teams will trade. the money in bonuses we are paying make weber "untradeable" on this board. in real life, maybe.. but poile knows he would have to make out like bandits. hall is untouchable? ok cool... close thread. he wont be "traded" to edmonton on hfboards.. quickest way to get a preds fan annoyed in a weber proposal thread is start naming off guys who cant be traded... no thanks. we're good.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
and neither is Weber

/thread

I don't think I proposed anything, I just gave my point of view which is that I'd give up a lot for a player like Weber.

As I wrote, the Hall thing seems to be an Edmonton-supporter issue and I don't expect others to agree with it (which is perfectly fine).

I don't get why you need to be **** about me giving my point of view.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
sorry no deal is worth what teams will trade. the money in bonuses we are paying make weber "untradeable" on this board. in real life, maybe.. but poile knows he would have to make out like bandits. hall is untouchable? ok cool... close thread. he wont be "traded" to edmonton on hfboards.. quickest way to get a preds fan annoyed in a weber proposal thread is start naming off guys who cant be traded... no thanks. we're good.

OK, that's a fair point and I see the reasoning obviously.

I think Weber is worth more than a few quality players, maybe I was wrong replying to a post bringing up Hall in a possible Weber trade.

Just to be clear, I don't think EDM will (or can) trade for Weber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad