News: Shea Weber likely retiring/LTIRetiring

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...he's done and we're the worse for it...and now I'm screwed for my favorite gif:

THE STARE!!

TheStare.gif

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Fenris

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It’s too bad if so. Weber was an absolute warrior.

Im hoping the Habs GM is talking about how bad he is injured so the NHL lays off and let’s them Kuch him for the year.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that is my hope least.

This is the second time they've talked about this injury ending his career. He basically has not gotten the required surgery for almost 2 years and the reason being if he gets it it's most likely the end. This seems like the end of The Man Mountain.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
But I have been hearing for years that Montreal was going to trade him back to Nashville for a huge return because of cap recapture…..

So shocked that didn’t happen lol

Reactions: thadd

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Preds in trouble cap wise if he retires correct??

Yes and no. They’ll get hit with like, $7.5M if he does instead of the $24M penalty. Still a lot, but not franchise crippling.

Approximately 24.6 million in recapture penalties if he retires. Will be avoided with LTIRetirement though.

Not anymore. The NHL changed it so that wasn’t the case.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They weren’t forced to match. They could have walked away from it.

They could have. But losing Weber and Suter in the same offseason would have killed the franchise.

It woulda been similar to the Sabres losing Drury, Briere, AND Vanek in the same offseason (fortunately for Buffalo they could match Vanek, but imagine if they didn’t match the Oilers offer). Buffalo would be a footnote in the NHL, instead of an active footnote :laugh::(

Reactions: Pointteen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad