Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If Weber's game doesn't pick up and he decides to continue to play, he's going to be a real problem moving forward. His real salary dips only in two years from now. I'm not sure if his reputation is enough to deal him at this point. I hope it is, but I am not sure.

I really hope this season is an anomaly because 5 more years of this Weber will be hard to swallow.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Habs really fell off 2nd half of season after Weber was injured

They really fell off with Weber in the lineup.

After the Habs hot start they finished the season 17-20-9 in their last 46 games. They were 14-17-7 in those games with Weber in the lineup.

They finished 3-3-2 in the 8 games Weber wasn’t in the lineup.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
It's now 3 years in a row that after about 30 games in the reg season, he hits a wall and becomes a shell of himself. Should have been traded a while ago. Can't believe it took this long for people to realize it, but i guess some were blinded by what happened in the bubble after a 4-month layoff. He's always injured and been done for a while.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's now 3 years in a row that after about 30 games in the reg season, he hits a wall and becomes a shell of himself. Should have been traded a while ago. Can't believe it took this long for people to realize it, but i guess some were blinded by what happened in the bubble after a 4-month layoff. He's always injured and been done for a while.
Besides Eddy, he's been our best defenseman since he came back from injury.

If we can get a coach that will utilize and manage his minutes properly throughout the season, he's still a solid player.

No powerplay time and pair him with Romanov next year. 18-19 minutes would be ideal

Reactions: Locks

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Is he able to retire once his pay goes down to 3m or 1m and then come out of retirement and sign for that same price with a contender?

I think it used to be if you retired, you could only come out of retirement and play in the NHL a calendar year after. Not sure if that’s changed.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

Who needs to work after 30 games when your reputation keeps you logging 1st line mins and you can just STARE your opponents into submission?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What a great leader! This team has shown so much character since he’s been there
The most overhyped leader of all time. He's not in charge of building the team so I'm not blaming him for bad rosters, but how often this team has showed flat, especially right now in the POs...vs the Leafs...a first in over 60 years...It's embarrassing.
Next year if we hire a new coach, it'll be the 4th different coach in the 6 years he's been here.
I can't get over how little intensity we bring these playoffs. We even see Price, aka Mr. Nonchalant, pump up the guys on the bench during a TV timeout....but Mr. Brick wall personality here...the Man Mountain....f***ing useless.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Besides Eddy, he's been our best defenseman since he came back from injury.

If we can get a coach that will utilize and manage his minutes properly throughout the season, he's still a solid player.

No powerplay time and pair him with Romanov next year. 18-19 minutes would be ideal
He'll lose his legs anyway eventually. His first season in MTL he sat a few games right before the playoffs, was lights out the first 2 and a half games, then got back to just going through the motions. Same pattern every year since the trade, the Preds saw the writing on the wall. He doesn't have much more to give, he's a 4-5-6 defenseman now.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He'll lose his legs anyway eventually. His first season in MTL he sat a few games right before the playoffs, was lights out the first 2 and a half games, then got back to just going through the motions. Same pattern every year since the trade, the Preds saw the writing on the wall. He doesn't have much more to give, he's a 4-5-6 defenseman now.
He's more than adequate as a 2nd pairing guy. He can play with Romanov and kill penalties.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Strip the C from this man. No heart let game is a microcosm of Weber and his attitude.

Its incredibly pathetic how they got this so wrong. He’s a great player (was?) but where anyone saw leadership qualities, I’d like to know.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Strip the C from this man. No heart let game is a microcosm of Weber and his attitude.

Its incredibly pathetic how they got this so wrong. He’s a great player (was?) but where anyone saw leadership qualities, I’d like to know.
I agree and been on this beat for a few years. He is not a leader. He is a good person, helpful to young players good with his teammates, but he is not a leader that take his players to the fight, a leader that leads by example .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad